Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
jamadams
Connoisseur
jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-505, 600 & Librié
Default EPUB font?

I really like the font that the PRS600 uses in EPUB documents, but I can't bare the justification in them. Is there a way that I can use this same font in an LRF document? LRF seems to default to something else.
jamadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I kind of have the opposite desire for an answer. I love the default font of LRF and would like to use it for my epubs...hopefully someone knows the answer.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
The answer is "yes" to Amalthia's question, though it is not for command-line-fobics. Extract the original firmware's image using CRAMFSCK. Then locate the relevant font file in the directory structure you get (it's /opt/Sony/font/tt0011m_.ttf, I think, or something like that). Then use the usual "Custom fonts in EPUB files" hack to use this font rather than the built-in one.

As far as jamadams is concerned, it is theoretically possible, except that the font file is not easily separated - it is embedded in the executable somehow. If you could manage getting it as a separate file, you would simply re-flash your firmware with this font as per "*VERY* detailed guide on changing default Reader fonts"
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See What's the default ADE font?

I'm not sure which freely available fonts are closest to Minion Pro. Adobe Reader for Windows comes with Minion Pro in OpenType format.

Last edited by wallcraft; 04-06-2010 at 01:40 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamadams View Post
I really like the font that the PRS600 uses in EPUB documents, but I can't bare the justification in them. Is there a way that I can use this same font in an LRF document? LRF seems to default to something else.
Assuming the book is not DRM protected, use calibre to convert it to LRF and select to embedd the font of your choice. This will make for a larger file than the ePub because of the embedded font(s).
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I kind of have the opposite desire for an answer. I love the default font of LRF and would like to use it for my epubs...hopefully someone knows the answer.
You ought to consider using PRS+ on your 505. It makes handling various fonts for epub easy via user defined css files. This allows me to set up multiple fonts for use in my epub books or disable this feature and view the font that came embedded in the book. See the attached image.

The install of PRS+ is easy.

1. Optional: Shutdown and restart your reader to clear any junk in memory.
2. Optional: Backup books from internal memory and delete books. This is to ensure plenty of space during install.

Note: I Never did either 1 or 2 but I have always had 75mg or more free space in internal memory.

3. Copy PRS+ to a SD card.
4. Insert SD card in reader.
5. Select Language

After it finishes it will reboot, while rebooting remove SD card and your done.

I attached the default font used by the 505 for lrf files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	User_ePub_CSS.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	49375  
Attached Files
File Type: zip PRS505_default_reader_font.zip (129.5 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-06-2010 at 11:22 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote