Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #361
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Most of mine have only had the colors at high settings. My current one looks perfect until I put the light up high. How is your sister's?
She says it's fine, but I can't look for myself until she comes to visit in the summer. From the start, it had worse coloration than the one I kept for myself.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #362
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No I am just frustrated that I haven't been able to read for long periods of time like I can on my other Kindles. At first I blame the Cold I had, then my tired eyes but then last night it dawn on me it was the light on the Paperwhite after reading on my PW for 15 minutes and got eye strain switch to the KF and it went away. I use the Sepia theme on my KF with brightness at 0.8%. So I up the brightness on the PW to match and it really did help. Hubby was asleep already so it didn't bother him.

I also read in complete darkness so I thought 5 was good but now I know I need a little bit more to read with for long periods of time.

That said I believe one could be more color sensitive and I am light sensitive and there's probably not many who own a PW who has my problem.
So sorry to hear that, Blossom. Here you have a perfect screen in terms of discoloration, and can't even enjoy it 100%!!

Last edited by xendula; 02-10-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #363
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Ooops posted in wrong thread...

Last edited by Yolina; 02-10-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #364
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
She says it's fine, but I can't look for myself until she comes to visit in the summer. From the start, it had worse coloration than the one I kept for myself.
It will be interesting to see how it's held up and if it's become worse or stayed the same.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #365
xendula
eBookworm

Deleted
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #366
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Duh! Thanks, Yolina!
I have a perfectly valid excuse for my mangled brain cells today watched the Bathurst 12h, which with the time difference means that it was from 8pm to 8am for me. Got a few hours sleep after the race but I'm not quite with it
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #367
xendula
eBookworm

I actually thought I had posted in the wrong thread, so I am as confused this morning. I need a second cup of coffee!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #368
Yolina
Wizard

Well it's Sunday so brain fade all round is perfectly acceptable I think
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #369
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
So sorry to hear that, Blossom. Here you have a perfect screen in terms of discoloration, and can't even enjoy it 100%!!
I got the problem solved now. Keeping the PW at 8 in light or dark and no eye strain whatsoever. I also resized my font to be the same size as my K4 at size 4 Seems be working great.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #370
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
That said I believe one could be more color sensitive and I am light sensitive and there's probably not many who own a PW who has my problem.
I am afraid I also have this. I returned Cybook Odyssey as I couldn't read from lighted screen without strain and squinting. I want to buy Paperwhite at one point but I wonder if I should. I absolutely CANNOT read white letters on black background as it immediately makes me dizzy and my eyes suffer. I see above that it is all right for you now though? Good to know.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #371
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
I am afraid I also have this. I returned Cybook Odyssey as I couldn't read from lighted screen without strain and squinting. I want to buy Paperwhite at one point but I wonder if I should. I absolutely CANNOT read white letters on black background as it immediately makes me dizzy and my eyes suffer. I see above that it is all right for you now though? Good to know.
I found the lights on the Odyssey screen a bit more visible, and thus, it was bothering me a bit at normal reading angles. The contrast was also weaker than on the PW, so you may want to give the PW a try.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #372
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Same here. I can't read on a black background either but PW is white background but it isn't true white more of warm yellowish white if you get one that is warm or a cool bluish white is you get one with a cool light. Every PW light strength is different but for mine the magic number is 8 to read on and a custom font really makes the difference.

I read for two hours last night with no problems. I was so happy.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #373
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
All those points are moot with regard to my reading. If I'm going to read for extended periods of time, then I have to have ambient light. With no, or very limited ambient light (i.e., the Kindle screen is the primary light source), then there is no difference in using the Kindle or a tablet, at least to me. I just use the front light to make the screen whiter, or to add a bit of light to the ambient light if it's just a tad too dark to read comfortably.

At the moment it becomes so dark that the Kindle is going to look like an LCD-screen, then I don't want to read anymore.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #374
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Same here. I can't read on a black background either but PW is white background but it isn't true white more of warm yellowish white if you get one that is warm or a cool bluish white is you get one with a cool light. Every PW light strength is different but for mine the magic number is 8 to read on and a custom font really makes the difference.

I read for two hours last night with no problems. I was so happy.
Thanks! I hope that when I finally buy it it will be warm white. Not before April though I guess.
Thanks too, xendula!

and if you are in a driving car and sun is shining through trees blinking fast do you also want to crawl in a dark corner?
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #375
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks! I hope that when I finally buy it it will be warm white. Not before April though I guess.
Thanks too, xendula!

and if you are in a driving car and sun is shining through trees blinking fast do you also want to crawl in a dark corner?
I don't drive but I do have to wear sunglasses when I go out.