Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #136
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #137
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlioness View Post
... Greece ...
Wonderful ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
... I got run over by a car ...

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-12-2011 at 02:54 PM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #138
sunlioness
Enthusiast
sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS - 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
Wonderful ...
Thank you! I have to admit though, the pics in this thread make me feel for the first time in my life that I'm seriously missing out for not having visited the Americas.
sunlioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #139
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Smile more pictures :)

more pictures this time about the city where I was born and brought up these pictures were taken by me

a well-known hotel in black&white:

a park where I played badminton:

another place near the city where my class visited:

a part of the museum of fine art:

my favorite photo:

Modern and ancient, blue and brown, glass and bricks: in the centre of Hochiminh city, they stand together, a department store (called Diamond plaza) and Notre Dame church. it was a sunny day, and we're glad that this pict isn't very bad cause my friend's camera don't usually have good views in the sunshine!

Last edited by maianhvk; 01-12-2011 at 10:51 PM.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #140
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ruby Beach is located on the Pacific coast in Olympic National Park, and is of my favorite beaches.

I didn't notice the people, the first time I viewed the second and third pictures.

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-21-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #141
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
I didn't notice the people, the first time I viewed the third picture.
It's a gorgeous beach. I love the rugged ones.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #142
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you! I have to admit though, the pics in this thread make me feel for the first time in my life that I'm seriously missing out for not having visited the Americas.
It's never too late.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #143
sunlioness
Enthusiast
sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS - 350
Quote:
It's never too late.
USA's natural diversity is its most attractive feature for me. But on the other side, it's so diverse I wouldn't know where to go first

Quote:
It's a gorgeous beach. I love the rugged ones.
Can you actually swim there? Or is it too cold due to the ocean?

Last edited by sunlioness; 01-20-2011 at 05:11 PM.
sunlioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #144
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
USA's natural diversity is its most attractive feature for me. But on the other side, it's so diverse I wouldn't know where to go first
Then you have to come here first - to the great Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia).
Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #145
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
I was born in a beautiful island in the Caribbean. Whether is perfect… except for hurricanes season .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beach.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	65177   Click image for larger version

Name:	convention center.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	65178   Click image for larger version

Name:	el morro.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	65179   Click image for larger version

Name:	el yunque.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	65180   Click image for larger version

Name:	old san juan.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	65181  
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #146
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Can you actually swim there? Or is it too cold due to the ocean?
You can, but I've never tried to nor have I ever seen anyone doing so. I usually go during the non-summer months when the weather's colder.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #147
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain_lion View Post
I was born in a beautiful island in the Caribbean. Whether is perfect… except for hurricanes season .
What about Aricebo?! I've always wanted to check it out.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #148
boxcorner
»(°±°)«

Quote:
Then you have to come here first - to the great Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia).
A lovely part of the world, that I would love to visit sometime.
Quote:
I was born in a beautiful island in the Caribbean ...
Puerto Rico? More photos, please, especially ones of Aricebo - if you have them.

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-21-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:58 AM   #149
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
O my, my list ' where to go when we have time to travel' is getting longer with each post here. Beautiful, mountain lion
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #150
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Two more from Alaska, from last week.

Name:	Snow Queen.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	886.4 KB
ID:	65196

This one a lot of people seem to be interested in how it happens. It is actually fog that has become frozen onto all the surfaces it has touched. Usually it happens when we have an early evening fog, followed by a very quick drop in temperatures. Doesn't seem to happen all that often, but I think it is very beautiful. Might be common, but I only lived in hot climates before moving here, so Alaska is the first I've ever seen it.

Name:	The Morning Quiet.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	845.9 KB
ID:	65193

Here is just a late morning sunrise. I think the sun was just peeking over the mountains and lighting up my neighborhood. It was around 10 A.M., which is about normal sunrise time this stage of the year in Anchorage. Moments like this are why I'm happy to carry a camera around with me everywhere.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote