Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Yes! A G3 iBook w/640MB RAM & 10GB HD can publish through iTunes Producer!

Yep. Both of Carl Bussjaeger's fiction works, the novel "Net Assets" and the anthology "The Anarchists", are now both delivered to iBookstore!

Just so everyone knows, I bought a used G3 iBook, upgraded the RAM to 640MB, installed OS X 10.4.0 onto the 10GB hard drive and then upgraded to 10.4.11 and installed iTunes 9.x and iTunes Producer and after tweaking my SBG900 cablemodem to the proper settings so that iBook could access TCP/UDP properly, I've successfully published both to iBookstore!

That means you don't need a fancy Macbook/Pro/Air or have Hackintoshed your PC in order to publish to iBookstore. My iBook cost me $27 through eBay!

Try it!
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
mauvais
mauvais began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just came across this post -- anybody know if this configuration will still work with iTunes Producer? I'm told the newest version only supports Intel-based Macs.
mauvais is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvais View Post
Just came across this post -- anybody know if this configuration will still work with iTunes Producer? I'm told the newest version only supports Intel-based Macs.
Found the last 10.4/PPC compatible version here. Download before it's gone!
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote