Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Kindle DX Graphite - Hard to read ;-)

Because I keep saying to myself:
  • "Wow, I'm reading now on the DX" and
  • "I wonder how this would look on my PRS-505" and
  • "When will the reading lights arrive" and
  • "maybe I should get the invisibleshield guard?" and
  • "I wonder what's new on mobileread forums" and
  • "It's heavy (with the m-edge case). I wonder if I'm getting any muscel toning out of this? And if so, I would I look with one arm muscular, the other just fat?" and
  • "Why aren't I using my bookstand?"
Help!-)
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
LOL

I love my DXG. I don't find it too heavy, I use mine in its Oberon cover, but that is a personal thing.

Isn't the screen awesome?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I love the screen, especially since I added the font hack and can read a serif font. I've read close to 20 books since I bought the DXG.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
drwowe
Enthusiast
drwowe began at the beginning.

Device: none
It will become easier once the "new toy" factor wears off.
drwowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwowe View Post
It will become easier once the "new toy" factor wears off.
True. Although one of the best parts of this new toy is that you get to read a ton.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I've had pretty much the same problem. I've been gushing over how awesome it looks for one thing.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Canton View Post
I've been gushing over how awesome it looks for one thing.
It really is beautiful, isn't it?
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
guiyoforward
Zealot
guiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
It's amazing. But boy it's heavy - I had a back-ache the first week, now I just prop it with a pillow or something when reading in bed.
The stock font IS serif - which one are you using with the hack? PDFs with Times New Roman do not render very nicely...
guiyoforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
sushovande
sushovande began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinatbezeq View Post
I got the invisible shield. Despite being obscenely expensive, the material is extremely glossy, including the one that goes over the screen. I had to leave the screen uncovered, but I put the shield over the rest of the kindle. Even then, the strong reflection from the bezel of the device bothers me. My suggestion: if you get the invisible shield, put it only on the back of the device (where it will protect against the scratches)
sushovande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushovande View Post
I got the invisible shield. Despite being obscenely expensive, the material is extremely glossy...

Thanks's for the info. Much appreciated!

However! A quote from a chat I've just had with a Zagg rep (just before reading your message):

Quote:
03:06:12 : Avi: I'm interested in Invisible SHield for the Amazon Kindle DX (not sure yet whether full body or screen coverage)
03:06:29 : Avi: Will it also fit Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 9.7” Display, Graphite – Latest Generation
03:06:38 : Avi: I mean the new DX?
03:06:51 : Zagg Rep: One moment and I'll see what I can find out.
03:07:44 : Zagg Rep: No, the screen shield will not be large enough to provide adequate protection for the device's screen.
03:08:21 : Avi: So you have no product that fits the new Kindle DX?
03:08:49 : Zagg Rep: when was it released do you know?
03:09:09 : Avi: About a month ago. It's called graphite
03:10:14 : Zagg Rep: Right now we do not. I am sure that there is one in the works, but I cannot guarantee any information like a release date or availability.
03:10:42 : Avi: OK. Thank you. You were very nice to work with
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Because I keep saying to myself:
  • "Wow, I'm reading now on the DX" and
  • "I wonder how this would look on my PRS-505" and
  • "When will the reading lights arrive" and
  • "maybe I should get the invisibleshield guard?" and
  • "I wonder what's new on mobileread forums" and
  • "It's heavy (with the m-edge case). I wonder if I'm getting any muscel toning out of this? And if so, I would I look with one arm muscular, the other just fat?" and
  • "Why aren't I using my bookstand?"
Help!-)
I can see the marketing slogan now...

"The few. The proud. The customers with the mental prowess to handle a Kindle DXG!"

Additional slogan...

"A Kindle DXG? You can't *handle* a Kindle DXG!"

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
sushovande
sushovande began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

Thanks's for the info. Much appreciated!

However! A quote from a chat I've just had with a Zagg rep (just before reading your message):
It most certainly does fit -- look here:

The link to the product page is here.
But as I said.. too glossy for my taste.
sushovande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
I've held off on the DX until the new flexy 3 mil thick e-ink screens are out. Will probably be another year. They should reduce the weight considerably. But I sure would love that extra screen acreage right now...
-BVL
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #14
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Sounds like new gadget induced restless mind syndrome.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #15
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
[*]"Why aren't I using my bookstand?"
I am doing just that and it's a beauty. Wow! Have fun!
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote