Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
watergeus
watergeus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony
Problem converting a blog

I'm trying to convert an existing blog which has 32 html files with pics (in subfiles) and an index. On the 7th subfile it falls over with the error message:

Running file type plugin HTML to ZIP failed with traceback

and simply adds one HTML file rather than a ZIP of the whole.

I do have the debug file which I could post but that's the key line. Anyone got any ideas? Each file fails the initial parse as it's not valid XHTML (e.g. IMG tag) but carries on ok up to the failure point. I've validated the HTML of the critical file using the W3C checker but it even fails when I try to add that file alone.

The failure happens just after it's added a file with encoded spaces: Cap%20de%20la%20Hague.jpg

Chris
watergeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
watergeus
watergeus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony
As always, having posted, I've now discovered the problem. In the img statement, the filename was encoded as:

src="LeConquet_files/Cap%2520de%2520la%2520Hague.jpg"

where the spaces should of course be coded as %20.

Next question: how do I report a bug?

Chris
watergeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by watergeus View Post
Next question: how do I report a bug?
Here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Isn't %2520 usually indicative of a double url-encoded space?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Isn't %2520 usually indicative of a double url-encoded space?
Yes, it is. (For others - %20, a singly encoded space, when encoded again encodes the % symbol as %25 giving %2520.)
I thought he had some other bug to report, and was saying his source had this problem, which he recognized. However, perhaps not.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yeah, I wasn't sure if he was saying calibre was producing the %2520 in one of its intermediate conversion steps or if it was already in his source files (produced by whatever program he used to scrape the entire blog to local files on his computer).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It was already in his source files and calibre was not handling it correctly, now fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote