Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
taylork1
taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony reader 505
Transfer an Overdrive book to Kindle via USB?

Our county library now supports Overdrive for the Kindle. Yesterday, I downloaded a book and it was effortless. I can read it on the Kindle app on my laptop. But I would like to transfer it to the Kindle device. I attached the USB, but can't drag-n-drop the library book from the laptop Kindle app to the device. Actually, I can't drag-n-drop the library book anywhere! I'm thinking this is a rights management feature.

I also tried the "SYNC" option from the Kindle app. It didn't work. Has anyone done this? It's a first generation Kindle. My Fire is pre-ordered and I hope I wont have this much trouble.

I keep thinking, "... there has to be a way..." but maybe not.

Thanks
Karen.
taylork1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Go to the Amazon site and find it in your library. Send it from there to your Kindle.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
I guess that you are trying to drag-and-drop book icon from Kindle app, right?
You should drag-and-drop downloaded file.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylork1 View Post
Our county library now supports Overdrive for the Kindle. Yesterday, I downloaded a book and it was effortless. I can read it on the Kindle app on my laptop. But I would like to transfer it to the Kindle device. I attached the USB, but can't drag-n-drop the library book from the laptop Kindle app to the device. Actually, I can't drag-n-drop the library book anywhere! I'm thinking this is a rights management feature.

I also tried the "SYNC" option from the Kindle app. It didn't work. Has anyone done this? It's a first generation Kindle. My Fire is pre-ordered and I hope I wont have this much trouble.

I keep thinking, "... there has to be a way..." but maybe not.

Thanks
Karen.
Go to Manage Your Kindle page and choose to download it from there then drag it into your Kindle via USB or if you have WiFi you can choose to have it sent that way. You can't download from one device then use that same file on another because of DRM. You have to do it separately.

I also forgot it will show up in your Archive Items on your Kindle. You can choose it from there too.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-03-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
(Folks taylork1 is not using a Kindle, but rather a Kindle App) It should show up in your Kindle app's Archived Items following Sync. Or as others suggest go to the MYK page and use the Deliver To.. option next to the library book there to send it to the app.

For some reason the Deliver to.. option does not work during the checkout/deliver workflow if you are sending it to an App. I'm sure they will fix that but in the meantime, one of the methods above will work.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
(Folks taylork1 is not using a Kindle, but rather a Kindle App) It should show up in your Kindle app's Archived Items following Sync. Or as others suggest go to the MYK page and use the Deliver To.. option next to the library book there to send it to the app.

For some reason the Deliver to.. option does not work during the checkout/deliver workflow if you are sending it to an App. I'm sure they will fix that but in the meantime, one of the methods above will work.
Oh I thought she was using Kindle for PC and wanted to transfer it to her real Kindle.

That makes sense when I check out mine on K4PC it never downloads automatically I have go to the Archives to get it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
taylork1
taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony reader 505
Thank you

Thank you for the great replys. I went to Amazon.com, and opened my Kindle library. The library book was clearly marked. There, the option to download and transfer with USB worked great. -connect the USB cable to the Kindle, drag and drop and it worked.

I sincerely appreciate the help.

Karen
taylork1 is offline   Reply With Quote