Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #31
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Is there a way to search for non-agency books on Kobo?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #32
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
You can search by a particular publisher, but the search results aren't always the greatest.

Otherwise, just look for the books which display two amounts (List price: & Our price: ). Those books are the ones eligible for coupons.

If the book only shows one amount (Price: ), it is not eligible for coupons.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #33
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
The exception to the one price displayed rule is Smashwords books, which will show one price but can still be coupon-discounted at Kobo (at least last time I tried). They usually show up in the listings with the author name listed as being the "publisher".

In any case, if uncertain on a book you really want, the checkout process will tell you whether a coupon can be applied or not (non-eligible books will have a "sorry, publisher doesn't allow discounts on this" message with no box to enter the code).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #34
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
You can search by a particular publisher, but the search results aren't always the greatest.

If you put the publisher's name in quotes, e.g. "Soho Press", the search results improve dramatically.

So, if you know the name of a non-agency publisher whose books you tend to like, you're good...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #35
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for a nice one-click search method for all couponable books.

Of course, the lack of one is probably deliberate.
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just be like to sort by published date.
Their search engine is much to be desired!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just be like to sort by published date.
Their search engine is much to be desired!
It is really lacking! A couple of weeks ago I e-mailed them a list of features that they really need to add and e-book release/pub date was one of them. I was really polite about it, didn't rant and rave, but did let them know their website is one of the harder ones to find books on, and this limits the number of books I buy from them. I don't know if they will pay any attention, but I figured if no one ever tells them they're lacking, they might not figure it out or do anything about it.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #38
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
It is really lacking! A couple of weeks ago I e-mailed them a list of features that they really need to add and e-book release/pub date was one of them. I was really polite about it, didn't rant and rave, but did let them know their website is one of the harder ones to find books on, and this limits the number of books I buy from them. I don't know if they will pay any attention, but I figured if no one ever tells them they're lacking, they might not figure it out or do anything about it.
Tell me about it! There was a survey thingy popping up every time I went on their site. Well, night before I finally decided to do the survey, and there was a question about your experience with the site (can't remember the exact wording) and a place for commenting. In that comments section, I told them: "Your search function is ABOMINABLE and you need to fix it!"

I love their coupons, but using the site is a trial I think I'll do like you and send them an email also.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Their search does suck, but it used to actually be worse.

The coupons are great, just hope you don't have a issue that requires customer service.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #40
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for a nice one-click search method for all couponable books.

Of course, the lack of one is probably deliberate.
I used to buy a lot of Random House books with the Kobo coupons. Now, it's so much trouble to find something couponable that I'm on the verge of giving up.

My best tip: Kobo and Borders have the exact same ebookstore, and Borders' store is a lot more search friendly. Look for your books at Borders and buy them at Kobo.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #41
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
If you sort by price, they remove all books that are free. Makes it very interesting.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The coupons are great, just hope you don't have a issue that requires customer service.
Actually I did have a problem on Tuesday that only Customer Service could help. I bought two books and while everything went through the books didn't unlock so it showed the green button instead of a download blue one. I admit I dreaded contacting customer service due to their reputation and after two correspondences was forwarded to a Level 2 Tech support and then to a contest related technician by the name of Nick. The Next day both books was unlocked and I got my books.

You can always leave a comment on their Facebook page. They seem really quick to respond over there if you get the run around with them but this time they were quick and efficient in fixing my problem. When I posted I didn't have my 50% off coupon I got a PM from them within minutes. They care about their rept over there it seems! lol

Has anyone gotten anything over 10% off since Day 2. It seems they made the game harder now. Day 1: 50% off, Day 2: 30% off, Day 3 & 4: 10% off
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I used to buy a lot of Random House books with the Kobo coupons. Now, it's so much trouble to find something couponable that I'm on the verge of giving up.

My best tip: Kobo and Borders have the exact same ebookstore, and Borders' store is a lot more search friendly. Look for your books at Borders and buy them at Kobo.
Thanks for the tip.

And you can also use Border's coupons with selected ebooks. At least their book descriptions tell you if you can use the coupon.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #44
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Has anyone gotten anything over 10% off since Day 2. It seems they made the game harder now. Day 1: 50% off, Day 2: 30% off, Day 3 & 4: 10% off
I got 10, 10 and then 30 (today)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #45
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
I've not gotten anything but 10% ever, nor has my husband. So, I really thank the folks who posted the 50% off coupon - I've been on a bit of a buying spree with it

Tags
contest, discount, kobo