Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
What's up with Amazon?

Something's going on with Amazon.com and agency (?) titles. They either appear as "Not currently available" or "This title is not available for customers from: United States" . This includes the Kindle Daily Deal for today
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OCXI3K/

I first noticed this because I have an ebook wish list and saw that the prices disappeared and the button changed from "Buy with 1-Click" to "See all buying options".

Anyone know what's up?
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
It is the big agencies isn't it? I had 99% Penguin and agencies on my wish list and they're not available any more, so I thought it was a problem with Penguin. I checked some Simon and Schuster books and they're the same way. I can't find anything online about a dispute, so I have no idea.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I just checked my Kindle library, I can't download my previously purchased agency titles either. Surely it's a computer glitch.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I lost several from my wish list as well.

I back my puchased ones off into Calibre once DRM infestation is removed.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
I still haven't found any details yet. There is a thread on the Amazon Kindle forums, but other than noting that customer service knows about the issue, there really isn't anything else.
[Amazon forum thread] http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...x1W6A4ZVTH9F4B
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I back my puchased ones off into Calibre once DRM infestation is removed.
I use V'Ger to remove the DRM code infesting my ebooks. It's also good for removing any carbon-based units I find irritating.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I use V'Ger to remove the DRM code infesting my ebooks. It's also good for removing any carbon-based units I find irritating.
What's 'V'Ger'? I googled it and all I got was pages and pages of Star Trek stuff.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Must be a glitch. Only ebooks with the notation "sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc." have prices.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
What's 'V'Ger'? I googled it and all I got was pages and pages of Star Trek stuff.
Might be a Monkey "high." Fermented banana peels!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #10
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is from star Trek the Motion Picture.

A corruption of "Voyager" which was integrated into a super duper advanced alien probe by an alien machine race.

Thus roll into movie plot....
Old 11-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
sabredog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Does it come in a spray can?
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Might be a Monkey "high." Fermented banana peels!
I haven't tried that yet. I just dry 'em, crush 'em, roll 'em, and...

Quote:
It is from star Trek the Motion Picture.

A corruption of "Voyager" which was integrated into a super duper advanced alien probe by an alien machine race.

Thus roll into movie plot....
Good movie

Quote:
Does it come in a spray can?
It resides in the Cloud
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:59 AM   #13
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Seems that some books are coming back and are available, but they are back to Agency pricing when I look, but that is off course from Sweden, maybe the view from USA is different.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
The book mentioned in the original post is back in the US Amazon. 11.99 This price was set by the publisher.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #15
OverTwo
Enthusiast
OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverTwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Aww, I can't buy The Hobbit.
OverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote