Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2023, 05:13 AM   #76
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Previous changes made...
  • Tweaks to scale pbterm to the screen correctly on newer devices
    (Formerly the top few lines of the screen were unused and once the text reached the bottom of the screen you'd lose a line or two, with some text wrapping around to the top of the screen.)
  • Set the HOME key to toggle between portrait and landscape.
  • Fixed long-press of PREV button. Long-press of PREV and NEXT buttons decrease and increase text size.

Most recent changes made...
  • Increased the size of the top-left and top-right (invisible) on-screen corner buttons to make them easier to press. Top-left quits pbterm, top-right is a recording/log toggle.
  • Merged the pbterm.kbd (keyboard layout) and pbterm.cfg (user editable config file) into the binary. They will now be extracted to your device automatically if not already present.
  • Modified the scroll limiting; allows the output text to be scrolled all the way to the top of the screen, rather than bottom limited. Essentially you can raise the last outputted text above the height of the on-screen keyboard (rather than it covering the text) which I find useful when working with files with user unfriendly names.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pbterm.zip (82.2 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 09-20-2023 at 09:08 AM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 03:07 AM   #77
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Tested it on Inkpad X (IP1040). All is working well. Appreciate the modified scroll limiting.
Thanks again!
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:32 PM   #78
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
Crashing on PocketBook InkPad Color 3

Hi!

I just tried that latest version of PBterm and it is crashing for me in a PocketBook InkPad Color 3. I am running the latest firmware from PocketBook.

Did someone try this in my model or maybe in a Color 2 (which I believe is exactly the same model with just different screen)?
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:43 PM   #79
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoocampo View Post
Hi!

I just tried that latest version of PBterm and it is crashing for me in a PocketBook InkPad Color 3. I am running the latest firmware from PocketBook.

Did someone try this in my model or maybe in a Color 2 (which I believe is exactly the same model with just different screen)?
Does the original work for you?
Old 01-09-2024, 12:59 PM   #80
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Does the original work for you?
Thanks for the quick reply! I just tried that original version and it is also crashing. No error messages or anything, it just doesn't open.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:24 PM   #81
neil_swann80

Perhaps the inkpad Colour 3 is sufficiently different enough in architecture that pbterm isn't compatible. Hopefully someone else with a similar device can confirm.

What is the program listed as in your device app menu?
Old 01-09-2024, 01:40 PM   #82
diegoocampo
Connoisseur

Quote:
What is the program listed as in your device app menu?
It shows as "@pbterm", see attached image.

Someone with an InkPad Color 2 should also be able to validate this.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1704825425480.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	205698  
Old 01-19-2024, 12:00 PM   #83
sk83
sk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Quote:
Perhaps the inkpad Colour 3 is sufficiently different enough in architecture that pbterm isn't compatible. Hopefully someone else with a similar device can confirm.
Can confirm. I experience the same issue on my Color 3 (FW 6.8.2480). Jailbreak also doesn't work.

I do notice that my Color 3 has kernel version 4.9.56, versus version 3.10.65 on my Era (FW 6.8.2568).
sk83 is offline   Reply With Quote