Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #121
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I consider that rather young
I do too -- that's *MY* age. Ulp. It's a sobering reminder that any of us could go with no warning. My beliefs have me prepared; I hope others take the time to think, too.

I'm so sorry to hear we've lost Patricia. She was such a help when I wanted a particular book, and such a delight in other threads. Wow. Prayers going up for her partner and family and friends......
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #122
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I have created a Donation Page which will split your domain in Memorium of Pat evenly among the three charities requested by her family.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PatClark

You can make your donation on line with a credit card. I hope this helps people make a donation to all three charities in one pass.

BOb
Thanks a lot, BOb.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #123
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I have created a Donation Page which will split your domain in Memorium of Pat evenly among the three charities requested by her family.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PatClark

You can make your donation on line with a credit card. I hope this helps people make a donation to all three charities in one pass.

BOb
thank you bob for doing this.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #124
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I've shed a tear for each post and each poster, your words express my sorrow far better than I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
We all have the huge job ahead now ... of trying to live up to the shining example Patricia so generously gave us.
I vow, to the best of my poor abilities, to remember to ask myself, "What would Patricia say?", before posting in these forums.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #125
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
I've shed a tear for each post and each poster, your words express my sorrow far better than I can.
i feel the same, norm.

Quote:
I vow, to the best of my poor abilities, to remember to ask myself, "What would Patricia say?", before posting in these forums.
i can't think of a more worthy tribute to her. i vow to do the same.
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #126
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
We've decided to meet in Paris some time later this week (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97794 to honor Patricia's memory...
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #127
zelda_pinwheel

I am posting this on behalf of moejoe :

Some live and never hear the clock
Others live by the tick
But all glance twice in a life
Once for arrival
And once to depart
Between the moving hands there is love
And loving
Without time
Forever

--Paul Lyon
Old 09-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #128
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
For those donating on the web site... it gives you the ability to include "gift aid". I'm not 100% sure but I think only people in the UK can actually take advantage of that. At least from what I read about in on Wikipedia.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #129
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
For those donating on the web site... it gives you the ability to include "gift aid". I'm not 100% sure but I think only people in the UK can actually take advantage of that. At least from what I read about in on Wikipedia.

BOb
Yes - simplistically, it allows charities to reclaim the tax on donations from UK tax-payers.

If you're in the UK, tick that option. It costs you nothing extra and the good cause gets more money.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #130
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
We've decided to meet in Paris some time later this week (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97794 to honor Patricia's memory...
Please turn down a glass for Patrica, and leave an empty one for those of us who cant be there.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #131
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Sorry to hear of her passing.
It seems the world has lost and kind, gentle soul.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #132
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Please turn down a glass for Patrica, and leave an empty one for those of us who cant be there.
What great idea.....from a true gentleman.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #133
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
we will certainly do this. but i have never heard of this tradition, can you explain it ?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #134
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Please turn down a glass for Patrica, and leave an empty one for those of us who cant be there...
but wish we could.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #135
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
we will certainly do this. but i have never heard of this tradition, can you explain it ?
I've never heard of "turn down a glass" but we have always set a full place (including food) if having a meal, or had a full glass of the departeds favorite. whenever possible at the conclusion pouring the contents on the ground (fireplace) for a final salute
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote