Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Change the screensaver pictures?

When turning off my Odyssey, it displays one of several (apparently) built-in pictures: Jules Verne's portrait, Illiad+Odyssey front cover, Moby Dick sketch, etc. (did not notice if they show at random or in cycle, but it does not matter).

I would like to change the screen saver by putting in my own picture(s). So I connected the device to my PC (Windows 7) and browsed through the Odyssey directories but did not find any image file relating to the screen saver ones.

Is there actually any way to change them?

Thanks in advance for your help (and no big deal if there is none!)
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Put a picture anywhere on the device or the SD card, browse to it, open the context menu and choose "use as screensaver" (you need to scroll down within the menu).
You seem just to be able to use one custom picture.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Great! Many thanks
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #4
tridy
tridy began at the beginning.

Device: cybook odyssey hd frontlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
(you need to scroll down within the menu)
I would say it's a disaster not to show to the user that the menu can be scrolled! I totally did not know that it is possible to scroll and it was killing me since I was not able to find "use as screensaver"). Now thanks to you I found it!
tridy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Anyone know a way to show a random picture, from a folder, or the current ebook cover.

I know how to use one picture but it would be nice to have these options.
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert