Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
drtom
drtom began at the beginning.

Device: none
sony epaper DPT-S1 can be unlock into an android ereader

I just found a service on taobao.com that DPT-S1 can be unlock into an android ereader. Very interesting.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...cket=15#detail

It claims that sony dpt-s1 is able to read txt,epub,doc,mobi,azw3 etc format. There is also a video shows that you can type on DPT-S1.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODQzNTgwNjQw.html

Some images after unlocking:

[Images violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Moderator Notice

drtom:
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-13-2015 at 12:30 AM.
drtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:36 AM   #2
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Interesting, if Google Translate is to be trusted, it is only Android 2.2.1 which is quite old (5 years now) and rather limited.

Still this would allow epubs to be read on the Sony so that would be an achievement.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2015, 01:19 PM   #3
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
Interesting, if Google Translate is to be trusted, it is only Android 2.2.1 which is quite old (5 years now) and rather limited.

Still this would allow epubs to be read on the Sony so that would be an achievement.
not sure about the translation. but it seems that it's dual boot?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:23 AM   #4
twinsenwu
twinsenwu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony dpt-s1
I'm getting one (unlocked) this afternoon. I'll be using the Android Kindle app to read books. will share some photo afterwards.

-----------------------
update: received and intitial use prove that the android is working, can install apps, I'm using it to read my kindle books now lol!

the android and apps working as desktop apps , access by press the battery icon up-right and then select and run. seamless switch back to native reader by press home

-------------------------
update: some photo showing android desktop and kindle app and Total commander

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c1nhwLM

Last edited by twinsenwu; 12-30-2015 at 09:15 PM.
twinsenwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:00 AM   #5
bt4wang
bt4wang began at the beginning.

Device: none
Here is the translation, should better that google translate...

This item is a system unlock service, our service support both US and Japan version of DPT-S1.
Our unlock service is totally reliable. We can perform our risk-free system unlock procedure without tear down or hardware mod.

If you need an unlocked device, please visit https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=522747481985.

Ver 1.5.00 font update package is ready, add support of no-font-embedded chinese pdf file.

1Ver 1.5.00 system update package is ready, customers who got their device unlocked before Oct. 2015, please contact us for this package.

System unlock takes 1~2 days after we received customer's device. If you have specified request, please contact us before put an order.

##################
Due to technical reasons, customer should ship the device to us. All data should be backup before shipment, because the unlock procedure will wipe all custom data on device. We'll update device to latest firmware version after system unlock.

##################
DPT-S1's runs an android based OS, which sony has modified to prevent native android operation. This unlock operation will not overide the native OS, what we do is unlock all the android features sony has blocked. So you'll not lost any original features or software shipped with the native OS. Unlock device support subsequent system update.

##################
Specification of unlocked device :
1. OS: Android 2.2.1
2. Supported file format:txt, epub, doc, mobi, azw3 etc.
3. Japan version support en/jp UI.
4. Install third party android app.
5. Install android email client.
6. Support no-font-embedded chinese pdf files.

Video of typing on DPT-S1: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODQzNTgwNjQw.html

Hi-PDA forum, threads about DPT-S1 unlock:
Mar. 2014:
http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1410374
Sep. 2015:
http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1714825
bt4wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2024, 03:50 PM   #6
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsenwu View Post
I'm getting one (unlocked) this afternoon. I'll be using the Android Kindle app to read books. will share some photo afterwards.

-----------------------
update: received and intitial use prove that the android is working, can install apps, I'm using it to read my kindle books now lol!

the android and apps working as desktop apps , access by press the battery icon up-right and then select and run. seamless switch back to native reader by press home

-------------------------
update: some photo showing android desktop and kindle app and Total commander

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c1nhwLM
could you provide some further info about the OS on your device?

I am quite sure this can be done via some generic root tools

especially if this is only Android 2.2.1
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote