Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #1291
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Yes, but I've contacted the Support via their homepage
Crap, I hate that. I'm not opposed to Google+, I just don't need Google+. Why everything else about the Play Store and Android can be tied to a regular Google account, but the "rating of apps" ability has to be linked to Google+, I'll never figure out.

Oh well; complaint sent through Mantano's support page. We'll see.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #1292
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
A quick question - I hope. Is it possible to access files stored on an sd card with Mantano? I want to store my library which is fairly large on an sd card but I have not found a way to access the sd card files with Mantano using the file search. I noticed this same problem on other ereader apps with the exception of Moon+, which I like, but I don't want to give up using Mantano which I like equally.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #1293
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
For me it works easily. Did you set your Import folders correctly?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #1294
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
For me it works easily. Did you set your Import folders correctly?
I was not aware you could set an import folder. I fumbled around in the settings menu and found the import folders under bookshelf and changed the import folder and it works perfectly now.

fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #1295
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Version 2.5.1.14 really messes up the page numbering going from portrait to landscape and back again - not all the time, but with almost every book. Also, other odd gliches that I can't repeat - went to android home page and Mantano went back to it's catalog, losing the page of the current book.

Looks like they try to fix one thing and break something else! It's always been my favorite reader - sigh - guess I'll have to go to something else if they can't get their act together.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #1296
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Version 2.5.1.14 really messes up the page numbering going from portrait to landscape and back again - not all the time, but with almost every book. Also, other odd gliches that I can't repeat - went to android home page and Mantano went back to it's catalog, losing the page of the current book.

Looks like they try to fix one thing and break something else! It's always been my favorite reader - sigh - guess I'll have to go to something else if they can't get their act together.
I was going to update this weekend (from 2.5.1.11). I noticed that recent reviewers were pretty angry about the update, though, and decided to stick where I am for a while.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #1297
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
I was going to update this weekend (from 2.5.1.11). I noticed that recent reviewers were pretty angry about the update, though, and decided to stick where I am for a while.
I really need to jailbreak my Nexus so I can keep backup copies - although it has been a really long time since I had a copy of Mantano that I was happy with!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #1298
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I really need to jailbreak my Nexus so I can keep backup copies - although it has been a really long time since I had a copy of Mantano that I was happy with!
No need to for some reason you can backup Mantano now without root.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #1299
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm still not seeing any of these issues people are talking about with the latest versions of Mantano on my Nexus 7. I'm not doubting the veracity of the reports, I'm just wondering what I'm doing differently than those that ARE experiencing them? It's the only reader I've used for well over a year now.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #1300
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There are a number of apps that will backup .apk files without root. I use appSaver to save backups of most apps. It has some annoying quirks (for example, files don't necessarily have unique names; all Angry Birds games save as "Angry Birds.apk" and overwrite each other), but not enough to compel me to find a different one.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #1301
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
There are a number of apps that will backup .apk files without root. I use appSaver to save backups of most apps. It has some annoying quirks (for example, files don't necessarily have unique names; all Angry Birds games save as "Angry Birds.apk" and overwrite each other), but not enough to compel me to find a different one.
I use ES File Explorer. I always have and never a problem and all names have the app name and version in them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #1302
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use ES File Explorer. I always have and never a problem and all names have the app name and version in them.
I've been using ES File Explorer since my first Android device and didn't know it had a backup function. I just found it. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #1303
peaceridge
Guru

I had forgotten about esfile explorer. I found a couple of the older versions on the internet, but don't know how to apply them to the tablet - can anyone point me to somewhere that might explain how?
That is applying older versions of Mantano (not es file explorer) from my pc to my tablet.

Last edited by peaceridge; 01-19-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #1304
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
I had forgotten about esfile explorer. I found a couple of the older versions on the internet, but don't know how to apply them to the tablet - can anyone point me to somewhere that might explain how?
That is applying older versions of Mantano (not es file explorer) from my pc to my tablet.
First, you need to enable installing from "unknown sources" (i.e. anything other than Google Play). On my phone it's Settings->Security->Unknown Sources, but it varies slightly by Android version.

If you have the .apk file and ES File Explorer (or any other file manager), browsing to the file and clicking on the icon should give you an installation prompt and allow you to install it. You can get the file to the tablet any of several ways. The two easiest are:
  • download the file using the browser on the tablet
  • connect the tablet to a computer and drag-drop the file to the SD Card

For the drag/drop route, I always create a folder on the SD Card named "Installers" and drop things there. Then they're easier for me to find from the file manager.

The downloaded version should then replace the version on your tablet. If the encrypted signature on the new version doesn't match the old, it won't install. For this reason, I recommend that you install the current version from Google Play before installing any that you download from the internet. If it won't install, it means that someone has repacked the file with a different signature and it's been hacked in some way (probably to remove the license check if it's the premium version, possibly to add some sort of malicious code).
Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #1305
peaceridge
Guru

#Difflugia Thank you so much! I'll do this and see what happens.