Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #1
Arjun
Arjun began at the beginning.

Device: none
Feature Request: Hot-keying Navigation-buttons

very useful plugin - thanks a lot!
Though HTML is my preferred format (and firefox my preferred reader) EPUB is rapidly gaining ground; was on the lookout for something like this.

I use it all the time for reading my e-books... the thing is that I prefer to navigate using solely the keyboard, reaching out to click the navigation buttons to move between chapters gets to be a bit of a drag.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you hot-key the navigation buttons? Defaults (or even a permanent assignment) of the left arrow key/page-up for moving to the previous section/chapter and the right arrow key/page-down for moving to the next section/chapter should work well.

I realise that you already have the "use keys to trigger buttons" feature under the scanner for future implementation, so hope this won't be too much trouble!

EDIT: I don't mean "hot-key" in the traditional sense of the word - more like assignment of a key to a button.

Last edited by Arjun; 04-02-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Arjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
If it isn't too much trouble, could you hot-key the navigation buttons? Defaults (or even a permanent assignment) of the left arrow key/page-up for moving to the previous section/chapter and the right arrow key/page-down for moving to the next section/chapter should work well.
Hi Arjun,

thanks for your posting and great that you like EPUBReader !

Like you have written, this feature is already on the change list. Probably it will be a combination of e.g. ctrl+another key. I try to implement it in the next version.

Michael
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
darkmonk
Connoisseur
darkmonk began at the beginning.

I have just a few other suggestions that would increase accessibility: searching on the library page with CTRL-F, / and ', or at least tab navigation to the save, delete, and read options. A keyboard binding for hiding and expanding the TOC would also be nice; I prefer to read with it hidden, but switching is sometimes needed.
darkmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmonk View Post
I have just a few other suggestions that would increase accessibility: searching on the library page with CTRL-F, / and ', or at least tab navigation to the save, delete, and read options. A keyboard binding for hiding and expanding the TOC would also be nice; I prefer to read with it hidden, but switching is sometimes needed.
Thanks for your posting, darkmonk!

I will see what I can do. Not everything is possible because possiblities are limited by what Firefox/Gecko allows to do.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote