Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Should I admit that I have #3 on the list!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #32
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Sharing != Piracy
Stop confusing things by introducing intelligence into the conversation.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #33
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
Harry Potter does not appear there at all. But yes, I agree it is a very very sad list and says little for pirates sense of taste.
I would imagine they would have been in the years when they first came out.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #34
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I think that the one thing that list does tell us is that it's easier to read an e-book one-handed than a p-book
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #35
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-15-2010 at 09:05 AM.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #36
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I wouldn't load any of those onto my reader if they were free
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #37
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I would have thought Harry Potter would have been too, people wanting to read/reread the books before the movie came out this summer.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #38
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
*sigh* I'm never going to understand this Harry Potter craze... "Poor man's fantasy" if you ask me... But, hey! What do I know? De gustibus non est disputandum...
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 AM   #39
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Presumably those who wanted the potter books would have pirated them well before that data was captured
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #40
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yagiz, have you read all the books? Going on the synopsis of the books, I really didn't see the point either, until my girlfriend had me read them. The most remarkable thing is that the difficulty of the read is aimed for readers the same age as Harry in the books. First book, he's 11, and a 11 year old reading level. Next book, he's 12, and a 12 year old reading level, and so on through book 7. You can just tell how each book gets more indepth. By the end of the series, there is so many little details, it just is insane. That's what surprised me.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #41
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
yagiz, have you read all the books? Going on the synopsis of the books, I really didn't see the point either, until my girlfriend had me read them. The most remarkable thing is that the difficulty of the read is aimed for readers the same age as Harry in the books. First book, he's 11, and a 11 year old reading level. Next book, he's 12, and a 12 year old reading level, and so on through book 7. You can just tell how each book gets more indepth. By the end of the series, there is so many little details, it just is insane. That's what surprised me.
Keep in mind that you're also witnessing the evolution of a first-time writer into a bestselling author. I'm sure she took quite a few writing courses and seminars along the way to improve her skills.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #42
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Keep in mind that you're also witnessing the evolution of a first-time writer into a bestselling author. I'm sure she took quite a few writing courses and seminars along the way to improve her skills.
You learn from experience

When reading book 7, i realized how much our translator did learned. At first he translated a lots of names when they didn't really need to. Fudge became changed name, before going back to "fudge". I wish he would re-do the translation.
On the other hand, the way he translated the "holey" joke from fred (or Georges maybe, can't remember), cracked me up.

I tends to reread books less now. The e-reader means i get new stuff to read easily.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 09-03-2009 at 10:01 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #43
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
Hellmark,

I must admit that the only book I have is The Philosopher's Stone. I started but I didn't finish it. So my judgment on the series is still based on this book alone. Going off topic here but one can imagine much more than cliché, old, dusty concepts such as a witch and the broom and magicians with pointy hats and magic wands etc. Anyway... It ended up by not being my cup of tea, really.
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #44
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagiz View Post
Hellmark,

I must admit that the only book I have is The Philosopher's Stone. I started but I didn't finish it. So my judgment on the series is still based on this book alone. Going off topic here but one can imagine much more than cliché, old, dusty concepts such as a witch and the broom and magicians with pointy hats and magic wands etc. Anyway... It ended up by not being my cup of tea, really.
Not a big fan of the fantasy genre, I take it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #45
Hellmark
Wizard

Yeah, the only time I've reread books was when I first got into ebooks, and I got some of the classics. I'm also rereading some now, where I only had access to a book or two of the series. Like I'm working on the Dark Tower series, previously I only had read book 3. There is just so much I have access to now, it is hard to not read the new.

On Harry Potter, for me, the first two books were ok, but starting with book three I was really interested, and things just snowballed from there.