Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #46
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
How refreshing, a millionaire and not a billionaire!
I thought the exact same thing when I saw it!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I thought the exact same thing when I saw it!
I skip right over the title of that one! I am so use to all those Dukes running around in London or All those virgin secretaries just waiting for those Billionaires to seduced them.

Some tropes have been so overdone they become cringe worthy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I hate it when a book has such high ratings and you end up being disappointed in it. Not so bad when it was only a buck or 2, but still. I realize books are like art and highly subjective but sometimes it's frustrating. I just went throught this with 'Collide' by Gail McHugh, and it ended up going in my DNF pile, at least I only paid $.99
Why was it a DNF? I notice it's not written in First Person which is what I am use to.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #49
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Why was it a DNF? I notice it's not written in First Person which is what I am use to.
Well, there's a naive heroine, and then there's one who's, hmm, to put it nicely, not the brightest crayon in the box. I was so frustrated with her! And IMO the writing was awkward, like the author was trying way too hard to write something profound and it just never came to fruition. ie "Right there in that moment, the tension in both Gavin and Emily's shoulders-from the way their worlds collided-deflated and vanished like a ghost". Also, it was very cliche and predictable, just not for me.

Last edited by Blue2u; 04-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Well, there's a naive heroine, and then there's one who's, hmm, to put it nicely, not the brightest crayon in the box. I was so frustrated with her! And IMO the writing was awkward, like the author was trying way too hard to write something profound and it just never came to fruition. ie "Right there in that moment, the tension in both Gavin and Emily's shoulders-from the way their worlds collided-deflated and vanished like a ghost". Also, it was very cliche and predictable, just not for me.
Ah Gotcha. That line has me scratching my head.

There is alot of NA out there and it's hard to sort through it when everyone is going nuts over every story.

Right now I am just trying to get through Rock Chick book 6. Sadie just isn't a heroine I can connect with. Mace isn't someone I get. I'm looking forward to Hector's story though which is next. I'll probably be ready for another NA after I finish the Rock Chick series.
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #51
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Ah Gotcha. That line has me scratching my head.
Glad it wasn't just me! That was the quitting point for me, there were quite a few lines like that in the book.
Quote:
There is alot of NA out there and it's hard to sort through it when everyone is going nuts over every story.
You are so right! I try to preview a few pages and read both a couple of good and bad reviews before I buy. But sometimes you still end up with one you don't like.

Quote:
Right now I am just trying to get through Rock Chick book 6. Sadie just isn't a heroine I can connect with. Mace isn't someone I get. I'm looking forward to Hector's story though which is next. I'll probably be ready for another NA after I finish the Rock Chick series.
I bought the first one on your recommendation but I admit I have quite a few in my TBR pile ahead of it. Now that you got me hooked on eReaderIQ, I can't seem to stay away from the $.99 buys and my TBR pile grows daily!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

I bought the first one on your recommendation but I admit I have quite a few in my TBR pile ahead of it. Now that you got me hooked on eReaderIQ, I can't seem to stay away from the $.99 buys and my TBR pile grows daily!
Well pass on any good recommendations! I don't trust reviews much. I prefer word of mouth. I love when someone speaks up about something posted on sale and let's me know their thoughts. Too many books to buy so little money!

Off topic sorta but my Peeramid Bookrest just came! Now I can read my Paperwhite or Kindle Fire hands free! I've been having some neck issues that cause pain in my shoulder. I was using blankets to prop my Kindle up and now I don't have to!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #53
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I skip right over the title of that one! I am so use to all those Dukes running around in London or All those virgin secretaries just waiting for those Billionaires to seduced them.

Some tropes have been so overdone they become cringe worthy.
Try being an Spanish woman reading about all those wonderful Spanish males and looking around you
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Try being an Spanish woman reading about all those wonderful Spanish males and looking around you
My biggest book crush is Latino Ricardo Carlos Manoso aka Ranger.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #55
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Well pass on any good recommendations! I don't trust reviews much. I prefer word of mouth. I love when someone speaks up about something posted on sale and let's me know their thoughts. Too many books to buy so little money!
Will do more from now on. I've been on a reading binge lately. BTW, I finished both of the Scandalous books by H.M. Ward. I liked the first one, just different for me and can't put my finger on it. The second was sort of weird, in the sense that it was like a long epilogue mixed with an outline of a manuscript. But there were definitely elements of her writing that I like. So I guess I'd say that I think her writing has potential, just maybe not quite there yet. I'd say 3-3.5 stars for first, 2.5-3 for the second. Worth it for $.99 I paid I'd say.

Quote:
Off topic sorta but my Peeramid Bookrest just came! Now I can read my Paperwhite or Kindle Fire hands free! I've been having some neck issues that cause pain in my shoulder. I was using blankets to prop my Kindle up and now I don't have to!
Gosh that's cute, and practical, I think I'll have to investigate! I have this mini desk table on wheels that I use for reading in the easy chair. I push it to the side of the chair when not being used, and when me and my puppy are all snuggled in we just wheel it around and set up our book. I too have trouble with my hands/neck/shoulders so it comes in very handy.
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mainstay...true&addFacet=
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #56
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Love it!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #57
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
No not Topaz, It's Mobi so the new one is AZW3. Okay I don't know why they need two editions though.
They probably wanted to upgrade the format to KF8 and hit the wrong button to re-upload the prior edition. Or, are just thinking like a print publisher - two formats, two editions (rather than fixing the broken one they sold the suckers before....), two prices, etc..
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #58
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free from Amazon:

The Millionaire Tempted Fate US DE by Shirley Jump (Harlequin author), a novella. How refreshing, a millionaire and not a billionaire!
Or, perhaps a reflection on how old it is?

Doesn't seem like enough to do more than buy a house that isn't falling down (at least, according to the house fixing/buying shows on cable) and perhaps get a start on the kid's college fund, leaving nothing left over to retire on.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #59
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Candy Kisses (Romance on the Ranch #4) [Kindle Edition]
Verna Clay (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Kisses-R...154606011_f_88

Quote:
This is the fourth book in the Romance on the Ranch Series, but can be read as a stand alone. This is chic lit.

Order of books:
Dream Kisses, Honey Kisses, Baby Kisses, and Candy Kisses.

Sweet/Sensual Romance with some profanity

Dirk Branigan's latest bull riding competition has left him flat on his back with a busted leg. After meeting his new "domestic help," he decides Sage Tanner and Miles Brightman, close friends who talked him into hiring the woman because she's destitute and pregnant, are going to owe him big time. His new employee is spoiled, temperamental, frustrating, and yes, occasionally, endearing. Thankfully, his daughter Tessa takes to her immediately. As for Dirk, his heart urges him to discover the woman behind the facade.

Excerpt:

Monica smoothed a hand down the front of her Armani suit jacket and swallowed back the nausea that had become her constant companion. Now, in addition to nausea, she was nervous about leaving New York for the Wild West--specifically, Colorado. Surely, pregnancy had made her lose her rational mind. No. It's called desperation.

When Miles had called and said he'd found her a job and a place to live for a few months, she'd been overjoyed. That is until he'd told her what and where it was. Housekeeper and cook! And caregiver to a ten year old! In Colorado!

At first she'd refused. But later that day she'd received her final eviction notice. In ten days she would be on the streets of New York. After the eviction notice, she'd stressed her way through balancing her pitiful checking account and cried the whole time. All that was standing between her and utter destitution was three thousand dollars. Struggling to suppress sobs she had called Miles' back and said she'd had a change of heart.

Now, with her plane descending into Denver International, she was faced with the reality of her plight. She was domestic help. That thought alone made her even more nauseous.

After the pilot announced twice that they were circling before landing, her nerves twisted to the breaking point. When they finally did land she watched the first class passengers debark and felt the green monster of envy. The fact that she was traveling coach class with a teenage girl on one side of her and an adolescent one on the other, both of whom had to be related to Chatty Cathy dolls, hadn't improved her frame of mind or doubts about raising a child. Surely she was crazed to go through with this pregnancy. Tears welled and she blinked rapidly to stop them. The little girl next to her tapped her arm and said, "You sure are pretty." Monica swallowed her tears and replied, "Thank you. I needed to hear that".
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

Gosh that's cute, and practical, I think I'll have to investigate! I have this mini desk table on wheels that I use for reading in the easy chair. I push it to the side of the chair when not being used, and when me and my puppy are all snuggled in we just wheel it around and set up our book. I too have trouble with my hands/neck/shoulders so it comes in very handy.
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mainstay...true&addFacet=
It's smaller than I was expecting but seems to work well. I have to fold my PW cover back to position it in the middle. Gonna try it on my Kindle Fire tonight. I am reading Troublemaker by Janet Evanovich. It's graphic novel and I squealed when it finally got on Kindle for $3.99. No way I'd pay $12 for it. It's way too short.

We have that cart for many years and I hate that thing! I can't began to tell you how many times hubby had to tighten it. It's about as stable as diftwood. He finally put it in the storage room or got rid of it I hope. He used it as a laptop table. Stubbing toes hazard and just plain eye sore. It came without a piece and I had to contact the company to send it. The finish starting peeling within months and it squeaks. In our small apartment it just took up too much room. I was always moving it around. He needs something much smaller.