Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #16
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PPW5 Signature, Kobo Libra 2, Samsung Tab S6 Lite
ohh sorry for that image file...

I get what you mean now (Sorry for my limited english :P)

anyway, I downloaded the RUNME.sh in this link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2014305 (the one that Thomass provided at post #17 and it did show a screensaver folder, but then it says that it is corrupt and unreadable whenever I try to access it.

If I have to create a RUNME.sh for myself, I am afraid I do not know how :/
ryuji35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuji35 View Post
it did show a screensaver folder, but then it says that it is corrupt and unreadable whenever I try to access it.
delete it then create a new one with the same name (screensaver)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I give up ) I deleted the screensaver folder and created a new one. I put the image there and rebooted. Still, it won't work. I re-installed runme.sh again. This time, there is an accessible screensaver folder, I put the image there again and rebooted. It still won't work
Old 04-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #19
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
I give up ) I deleted the screensaver folder and created a new one. I put the image there and rebooted. Still, it won't work. I re-installed runme.sh again. This time, there is an accessible screensaver folder, I put the image there again and rebooted. It still won't work
Make sure you do NOT have an ENABLE_DIAGS file, or the changes will be made to the diagnostics partition instead of the main partition.

It is not a good idea to start your posts with "I give up", or those who COULD help you might think, "okay, I guess he won't be needing my help then"...

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-09-2012 at 04:38 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
It still won't work
Just to make sure: your kindle is not KSO, right?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #21
ryuji35
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Just to make sure: your kindle is not KSO, right?
Ohh... it is :/ :P

@GeekMaster: Thank you for the help but yes, I decided not to pursue with the screensaver thing :P I am already getting scared might kill this kindle but THANK YOU SO MUCH for the help. And Thomass too

Last edited by ryuji35; 04-09-2012 at 10:20 PM.