Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #1261
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
Just did this with a PW2 running 5.6.5. While it loads, the screen is blank. If I hit the page over the books start to load and show, but the lower half doesn't show anything still.

Basically same issue as knc1.

I can tell you it appears to be a refresh issue, because if i touch randomly on the screen, I can get certain items to show up (like check boxes). When I hit the right spot (to create a collection) keyboard came up and the screen is still showing the keyboard even though I dismissed the box.

Naloomi
aka Chris

Last edited by Naloomi; 02-08-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #1262
Seancho
Seancho began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naloomi View Post
Just did this with a PW2 running 5.6.5. While it loads, the screen is blank. If I hit the page over the books start to load and show, but the lower half doesn't show anything still.

I can tell you it appears to be a refresh issue, because if i touch randomly on the screen, I can get certain items to show up (like check boxes).
Same here on a new PW3 running 5.6.5. Manager loads, but it's blank. Some elements appear if you press on the screen. Looking forward to the updated version.

Jailbreak noob here, are there any other organizers worth installing? I've got 300 or so files I'd love to get into a folder hierarchy.
Seancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #1263
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If all you want is a folder hierarchy, use LibrarianSync.

It has no UI, and isn't vulnerable to repeated breakages on every firmware update.
(It also can't interactively add books to collections.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #1264
TheFattie
Enthusiast
TheFattie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Will 5.7.2 suport be added sometime in the future?
TheFattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #1265
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Impossible to say.

It would be nice to know in advance if anyone will contribute an update, but we don't know until it happens.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #1266
ADambi
ADambi began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Support for 5.7.2 with search.
May not work with 5.7.2.1.

Untested!!!
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks