Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Something weird happened to my Kindle!

I had my Kindle on this morning, it was working just fine, took it with me when I went to Mom's for brunch today. As I was leaving, I tried waking it up to read on the subway and it would not wake up. I slid the slider several times. It was fully charged as of yesterday but all I could think of was maybe I accidentally left the TTS on when I put it in my bag, so I came home, plugged it in and slid the slider again. Nothing. I did a Google search and it suggested holding the slider back for a full minute. I did this and thought it did nothing, but five minutes later I looked over at it again and it was on. And appears to be behaving normally again. I am going to leave it plugged in for a few hours just to be sure, but what happened? Should I be worried?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
It sounds like it just froze, holding the slider for a minute rebooted it. I have had mine do weird things on occasion, that usually fixes it. I wouldn't worry too much, unless it becomes a common occurrence.
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Try shift+alt+r
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
chrisborg
chrisborg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Kindle 2
Mine did this sometimes and generally acted strange when I plugged it into the front USB ports. I've since solved this and several connection issues by only using the rear ports as these have more power. Or it could have just been a glitch...
chrisborg is offline   Reply With Quote