Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #3736
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Hello, and thanks for all of your effort in making different fonts available to us.

I'm currently using a PRS-350 and PRS+ 21.01alpha without Zork.

Quick question:

I installed your fonts and css files rather fussily, but everything seems to be working. My only issue is this: When I go to Settings > PRS+ Settings > Book Viewer > User EPUB Style (CSS File), I don't see single font families. Rather, I see three css files for the same font with the option to click on each size. For example:

* LexiaDaMa-1.css
* LexiaDaMa-2.css
* LexiaDaMa-3.css

Each works separately, but is that the way they're supposed to be selected and function under a standard (non-Zork) build of PRS+?
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #3737
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
* LexiaDaMa-1.css
* LexiaDaMa-2.css
* LexiaDaMa-3.css

Each works separately, but is that the way they're supposed to be selected and function under a standard (non-Zork) build of PRS+?
Yep. That's how it works.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #3738
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I asked only because the captures of font selection under Zork seem to work quite differently.

Good to know everything's running correctly. This really does fix the gap between small and medium fonts as well as providing more aesthetic alternatives to the stock fonts. Thanks again, Analog(o)us.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #3739
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
ilovejedd/Prestidigitweeze:

If you have installed the latest ZORK-version LexiaDaMa should be installed automatically. You will find one css-file you need: LexiaDaMa.css

You could delete the other CSS-files (LexiaDaMa-1.css, LexiaDaMa-2.css, ...). using ZORK this files aren't necessary.

Reason for this separate files:

If you do not use ZORK you will have very rough font-size-increments as usual (S, M, L, ...). To make it possible to get some sizes between say S and M you would have to do it with a couple of different CSS-files with appropriate size-definitions. Therefor this 3 separate files.

This was my first attempt to provide a solution.
But nevertheless its not a very 'beautyful' one. Therefor I tried to find a better way and integrated it into the ZORK-edition (which is my personal one). The modified font-size-overlay does this job now. If everything is up and running, you choose (1) the rough font size as usual and then (2) choose one of the 4 intermediate steps.

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 06-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #3740
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Very clear explanation, and doubtless not the first time you've offered it. Thanks again!

I've been putting off installing Zork because I just installed the alpha of PRS+ a few days ago and want to test stability before adding new elements. I also wasn't sure whether Zork was necessarily compatible with each new PRS+ version.

Also, you've talked about replacing the stock icons, but I didn't see screen captures of them on your Zork page and wonder whether I'd prefer them or not. Perhaps I'll search this thread instead.

So far, your font packages have been gorgeous and readable, and justification (which I prefer) still applies without modification to css files.

And it's nice to have the incremental variables on the PRS350, which is still my favorite eink reader in terms of resolution but also needs detailed size increments more than any other reader I've used.
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #3741
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you

Zork is a variaton of PRS+. So it's a question which version you want. Reverting to and from this version is easy.

Concerning screenshots of ZORK:

More ore less every graphic showing the reader-interface on the website is a screenshot from the ZORK-edition with the new icons. Not the absolutly newest one but enough to give an impression. For example:

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 06-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #3742
The_Bird
The_Bird began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 & Kindle PW2
Hello

An innocent question : is there any chance that we get a version of PRS+ working on a PRS-T1 someday ?
The_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #3743
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Unlikely, as T1 is totally different beast which can get similar functionality by opening up the Android system to third party apps etc...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #3744
Skylined
Skylined began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Zork for PRS-950

Hi Analgous

Great work for the PRS readers.
Would it be possible to make a latest zork edition for the sony PRS-950

Many many thanks
Skylined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #3745
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylined View Post
Great work for the PRS readers.
Would it be possible to make a latest zork edition for the sony PRS-950
+1 I'd love to give it a try on my 950 too.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #3746
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Me, too!

I tried the current version, but nothing changed, so I reverted to the official Alpha, which has been totally stable for me.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #3747
Analogus
Fanatic

Hej

PRS950 ZORK:

Hm, I could have a look. Problem is: I can not test ist. I own a PRS350 which is very similiar to the 650.

A.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #3748
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Analogus:

Your icons look quite beautiful; thanks for posting the screenshots I didn't find (until now!) on your Zork page. I'll try out Zork on my alternate PRS-350.

Re the PRS-950: Personally, I'm not likely to install any form of PRS+ on my 950, as I depend on it for doing public readings. I myself am not clamoring for this, but it seems that others among us are.

If I were interested in your developing a version of Zork for the 950, I would certainly offer to lend my own to you for testing.

Perhaps some 950 user who really, really wants it would be willing to help in that fashion. Does anyone out there own two 950s? If so, are you willing to part -- temporarily -- with one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Hej

PRS950 ZORK:

Hm, I could have a look. Problem is: I can not test ist. I own a PRS350 which is very similiar to the 650.

A.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-07-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #3749
yolan
Connoisseur
yolan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & Kindle PW
HI Analogous,

I just installed the new release of Zork (I had a previous Zork rel.), and although everything seems to be OK, I get this error every time I reboot the reader:

"error in setpagestylefunction2"

I could not test it much, but except for the error message, I don't see any other fault.
Do you want me to do any test to try to debug the problem?

Thanks
yoland
yolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #3750
Analogus
Fanatic

yolan:

Thank you! This error is no problem, it only occurs when restarting the reader. I'll remove this message in a future release.

Reason: I tried to make the default page-style user-assignable. To do this, a function is called whenever a book is opened. In theory. Sadly this function is called only when the actual book is changed (not working when closing a book an reopen it again) and for unknown reason when restarting the reader. In this case no book is loaded -thus the error message which has been coded by myself to trace the behaviour of the function.

A