Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
lesen54321
Enthusiast
lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
Does somebody know a discount to buy a Kobo Glo in Germany?

Hello,

I would like to buy a Kobo Glo for me, has anybody an advice for me to get him somewhere cheaper with a discount or somethionmg? But I would like to get a new one cause of the guarantee.

Thank you.

lesen54321
lesen54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
How much would a Glo cost in Germany from a 'regular' non-discount place?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
In France, the refurbished ones sold by FNAC are discounted but have the same one-year warranty.
Is there a specific seller for Kobo in Germany? If so, you may try and find if some refurbished units are available
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
lesen54321
Enthusiast
lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Hello,

the price for a normal dealer for the Kobo Glo is about 129,-- Euros, Amazon takes a bit more, but 129,-- is the average (right word?).

No, there are no spefic seller for them in germany.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Ah okay so about the same as in The Netherlands.

A trick here would be to go to a book store that sells Kobo but also accepts national book gift card or "VVV" gift cards. Often people get given these gift card things at birthdays and then never do anything with them... (I have several lying around the house.) Unfortunately there aren't many book stores here that sell Kobo. And you seem to say the same about Germany? Do you live near the Dutch border? I know Libris sells Kobo.

According to http://www.kobo.com/koboglo/wheretobuy/ for Germany, the sellers are:
Staples
Euronics
Expert
Media Markt
Redcoon
Saturn
Electronic Partner

I saw that Redcoon is selling certain colour version of the Glo for €123... But that might not be a big enough 'discount'. Wehkamp.nl in The Netherlands sells all colours for €122 I think, but I'm not sure if they send to Germany.

Alternatively, you could look for second hand ones anyway. People that have just bought one but prefer to get a Kindle Paperwhite for example... You will still have most of the one year warranty as the Glo's are still new – so at least until October ? I think.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
joerg.herzinger
joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!joerg.herzinger , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Or here: http://geizhals.at/de/?cat=pdapceb&x...~1358_1024x768
joerg.herzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
lesen54321
Enthusiast

Hello,

o.k., thank you for your advices, I will look round this pages.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
I couldn't find anyone selling it online under 120€ (and that's usually plus shipping!). Amazon really would like you to buy a Kindle instead, so they slap an extra 20€ on top.. I think your best bet would be to go to a Saturn/Mediamarkt and get it there. They sell it for 130€ and you can test the device right in the store.

I'd actually recommend doing that instead of ordering - I had to exchange mine twice, because the first one had a few glowing pixels (turn the light on and take a good look at the screen, preferably somewhere dark) and the second's screen was rotated a few mm to the left (turn the kobo on, then the light so the black bar at the bottom shows up - it should line up with the border of the screen).
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote