Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #736
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by glimm View Post
Updated the german translation. Now it's 100% complete.
Danke
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #737
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by glimm View Post
Updated the german translation. Now it's 100% complete.
Thanks, I've just committed it.

@-Stranger-

Synology package will be late, my Linux dev computer won't boot anymore so I can't test the package compilation . I'll keep you updated.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #738
demig
demig began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle NT4
Hi,

This tool looks like exactly what I need but I am having some problems getting it going. I am trying to get it running on my ZyXel NSA310. I have installed the fonz fun pack onto the NAS and installed php etc. Web publishing is enabled and it looks like all should be well. I have (I think) updated the local config file to point to the calibre library which I have copied from my local PC copy including the database files. Navigating to the url for it now give me the error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /i-data/7647c487/calibre/book.php on line 211

Checking that file I don't see a syntax error on that line but I'm not in the slightless experienced with php!.

Can somebody point me in the correct direction with this? Hopefully the answer is not already on the thread somewhere, I hate missing stuff and asking an obvious question!.

Thanks

Iain
demig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #739
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@vlad59
COPS works as expected on my Synology DS110j.

@demig
Did you try http://<COPS-url-on-ZyXel>/checkconfig.php ?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #740
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@demig

In addition to running checkconfig.php (like Mario suggested), could you also check your PHP version ?

I googled a little Zixel / fonz and I only saw mention of PHP 5.2. COPS need at least PHP 5.3.

@all

By the way, for the geekest among you, COPS seems to work with hhvm.

Last edited by vlad59; 01-05-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #741
demig

@mariosips & vlad59 Thanks for the suggestions

checkconfig looks ok (copy of output at the bottom)

@vlad59

I just checked and I have php5.4.19 installed (also just tried 5.3.9)

Looks like it may be more complex than I hoped!

I have tried the previous version as well. The error in both cases points to the same sections of book.php i.e

public function getAuthorsName () {
return implode (", ", array_map (function ($author) { return $author->name; }, $this->getAuthors ()));

Iain

Check if GD is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Sqlite is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if libxml is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if the rendering will be done on client side or server side
Client side rendering
Check if Calibre database path is not an URL
OK
Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable
OK
Check if Calibre database file can be opened with PHP
OK
Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
OK

Last edited by demig; 01-05-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added 5.3.9 comment
Old 01-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #742
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by demig View Post
Hi,
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /i-data/7647c487/calibre/book.php on line 211
The above does not correlate to the function mentioned below...?

Quote:
I have tried the previous version as well. The error in both cases points to the same sections of book.php i.e

public function getAuthorsName () {
return implode (", ", array_map (function ($author) { return $author->name; }, $this->getAuthors ()));
I have the mentioned function at line 235 so I am a little confused.

Barring any obscure error (fairly sure though that this part works like it should) Are there perhaps some weird characters involved in author names? (although that too seems just as unlikely a cause as a program error)

(Yowza, post count of all 1's, in binary that is geek alert )
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #743
demig

@At_Libitum

You are indeed correct I'm not sure what I got the 211 from as it is 236 when I test I now, perhaps the 211 was the position in an earlier version I tried. The line in question is actually:

Which looks ok to my untrained eyes.

Don't think I have any funny author names, when I get home later I will try and create a new library with only one book in with a simple author and see what happens.

Cheers

Demig
Old 01-06-2014, 06:22 AM   #744
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
@At_Libitum

You are indeed correct I'm not sure what I got the 211 from as it is 236 when I test I now, perhaps the 211 was the position in an earlier version I tried. The line in question is actually:

Which looks ok to my untrained eyes.

Don't think I have any funny author names, when I get home later I will try and create a new library with only one book in with a simple author and see what happens.

Cheers

Demig
Can you add a php file with the following text and test it :

Code:
<?php phpinfo ()
Just to be sure that the PHP version is not the problem ?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #745
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
@demig,

Question: what actions do you take for this error to pop up? Because the code mentioned in your error isn't called when just opening the COPS start page but at a later stage (e.g. when retrieving the details for a book after clicking an entry in one of the categories).

Also please paste the url as it appears in the address bar at the moment when the error occurs.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 01-06-2014 at 07:45 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:27 AM   #746
rickhan
Enthusiast
rickhan began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I have MS Server 2012SE with IIS8.
I installed PHP 5.4 and related files.
I have the reverse proxy enabled, and pointing to a \Calibre location.
PHP Manager says its happy.
No idea what the next steps are to get the COPS site working.
I'm new to PHP on IIS, any help appreciated.
rickhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #747
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
I am thinking of putting an ownCloud server on my raspberry (yes, I know. The pi isn't a speed monster) to store my Calibre libraries, but I'm a little unclear on how COPS differs from calibre2opds.
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #748
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@jarulf

I installed COPS (+Apache+PHP) on my Raspberry Pi. The Calibre libraries are also copied to my Pi. I can reach the libraries from my PC/Mac with Samba or rsync or ftp. No need for OwnCloud.

The performance is ok if the libraries are not too large.

I would suggest installing COPS and try it out. If you are not satisfied you can always install calibre2opds as well. As far as I can see (did not try it out myself) they can both exist without trouble on the same server.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #749
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
Thanks mariosipad.

I'll definitely try, but OwnCloud seems pretty convenient too so I'll probably try that as well. Which distro are you using?

Another question; I tried to add the demo library Vlad59 has provided to Moon+ Reader pro but get an error message that there is no peer certificate, anyone else experiencing this?
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #750
mariosipad
Guru

Always nice to try something new!

On the Pi I use Raspbian and COPS 9 (either from github or vlad59's site)

To get the Pi a bit up to speed the Pi is dynamically overclocked to 900 MHz and I also installed APC.

Last edited by mariosipad; 01-07-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology