Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Bobcooper31
Bobcooper31 began at the beginning.

Device: Desk Top author
E book authoring software

I'm using Desktop Author. I need to embed flash video as well as text and the software doesn't seem to handle it well although my problems may be due to a faulty file I've created. My video files have a large number of images which might be overloading the video creation software. I'm not sure about that yet.

The problem is that the software doesn't show multimedia playing controls when the e book is running. The only way I can make the video play is to have it run automatically when the page is opened. This doesn't permit the viewer to pause the video which is a disadvantage.

I'm wondering what other e book software is used by members of this forum that they regard highly. If I can get some recommendations I'll try the software on a trial basis to see if its better than the software I'm using.
Bobcooper31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Hi Bob
These threads may be helpful
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1318687
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110182
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114283
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
Bobcooper31
Bobcooper31 began at the beginning.

Device: Desk Top author
Thanks for the links Mark. Although they refer to epub et al and I'm not using any of those things it was nevertheless quite helpful. At least I've learned that my software is limited to being read on a PC which is the price I have to pay due to my books running extensive flash files.
Bobcooper31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcooper31 View Post
Thanks for the links Mark. Although they refer to epub et al and I'm not using any of those things it was nevertheless quite helpful. At least I've learned that my software is limited to being read on a PC which is the price I have to pay due to my books running extensive flash files.
Does right click work at accessing the flash controls?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote