Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #76
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnvs View Post
Thank you very much. Fortunately, my charging cable came with a ferrite bead and this has helped. Thanks again for your expert advice.
I'm very glad to hear things are going better. My advice is by no means expert; just a "been there, done that" type of thing.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #77
Ladysilent
Ladysilent began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
Exclamation Stuck

Ok I just bought a Literati and I installed the newest update and it had to reset now its stuck on the Literati "The sharper Image" Screen. I have tryed to reset and turned it on and off many times and it doesnt work. Im out of ideas, Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this?
Ladysilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #78
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilent View Post
Ok I just bought a Literati and I installed the newest update and it had to reset now its stuck on the Literati "The sharper Image" Screen. I have tryed to reset and turned it on and off many times and it doesnt work. Im out of ideas, Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this?
I think it has one of those paper clip holes in the back for a hard reset, is that what you mean you already did?

Where did you buy it? Just curious because I'm going to buy a second one and cheapest I have found is Amazon for $69. I hoped for another $39 clearance somewhere.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:10 AM   #79
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
I've gotten temporarily stuck on that page a time or two - usually after I've completely turned off the Literati somehow or after charging. How long did you hold in the reset button. Sometimes it takes holding it down a while (I know for the Kindle it takes a good 30-40 seconds of holding down the reset button - you'll see the screen flicker and change when it actually starts to reset). I have done a couple of resets on the Literati - seems like I held it down at least 10-15 seconds.

I posted these numbers on another Literati thread here: For software issues with the Literati it's Kobo that provides customer support. If it's a hardware issue, the manufacturer of the Literati is Merch Source. Sharper Image just puts their name & Literati on them.

Merch Source has 2 Customer Service numbers for hardware issues (I was given this number as well when I e-mailed Sharper Image about an issue with my charging cover).
800-374-2744
800-481-7938

866-204-4714 is Kobo's customer support help line for software issues.

Also, you might find an answer here: http://help.kobobooks.com/forums
Type Literati into the search field and you'll get some help topics.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #80
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you're continuing to have trouble, over on Literatidevs they say that if you hold down the 'Q' key while turning it on, the kernel will reload from Flash memory before it attempts to boot.

Of course, if the kernel got corrupted while it was downloading the update, this won't provide any relief, but it's something to try (I have not done it myself).
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #81
GranniePurpyl
GranniePurpyl will become famous soon enoughGranniePurpyl will become famous soon enoughGranniePurpyl will become famous soon enoughGranniePurpyl will become famous soon enoughGranniePurpyl will become famous soon enoughGranniePurpyl will become famous soon enough

I'm so happy to have found this forum. I recently purchased a Literati so that I can download library books. I would like to keep up with this forum via Google Reader. When I copy the address into the Add a Subscription, however, I get the more general MobileRead Forum topics. Which address should I use in order to strictly keep track of this Literati thread?

Thanks!!
GranniePurpyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #82
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranniePurpyl View Post
I'm so happy to have found this forum. I recently purchased a Literati so that I can download library books. I would like to keep up with this forum via Google Reader. When I copy the address into the Add a Subscription, however, I get the more general MobileRead Forum topics. Which address should I use in order to strictly keep track of this Literati thread?

Thanks!!
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but welcome to MR!
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #83
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:

Thanks!!
I don't have an answer - I just always do a search for "Literati" within the forum so I see any new info on it.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #84
nyjastul69
nyjastul69 began at the beginning.

Quote:

Thanks!!
You can subscribe to the thread and get e-mail notification when new posts are made. I don't know if this helps you at all though.
nyjastul69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #85
LasVegas7
LasVegas7 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook Color, Kindle Fire, Ipad mini
Hello again,
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the (Literati) green bookmark to a different color or design?

Thanks a million!!
LasVegas7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #86
vjplo
Enthusiast
vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegas7 View Post
Hello again,
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the (Literati) green bookmark to a different color or design?
Thanks a million!!
Not that I know of. That was one of the features showcased in their promo videos but it never happened. The only bookmark upgrade was to add the dog ear bookmarks, but those, too, are only available in green.

I was hoping they'd give us all the advertised features but I'm not sure there will be any more firmware upgrades. Still, I'm very happy with my reader and love the color pictures in my books and magazines. I didn't want to pay for the expensive color readers so that was a plus and I love the depth in the pictures.
vjplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #87
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I sideloaded some books onto my Literati but they aren't showing up. When I plug it into my computer with the USB cord, the books are there. When I open ADE and look at the Literati drive, the books are there. But I don't have them anywhere on the actual device, anybody else had this happen?? I've looked in Library, looked in Docs, I've Synched it several times, I've turned it off and back on, but the books are not there. Anybody help?
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #88
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Hello? Anybody have any ideas? No?
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #89
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I assume the books are either pdf or epub? Also you might try the different tabs in the library, such as the "new" tab. They should be there.

I know that when I used Calibre to load books to my literati, I could no longer sideload books. ADE might do the same thing?

Last edited by MR. Pockets; 03-07-2011 at 08:15 PM.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #90
curtw
Outside of a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
Hello? Anybody have any ideas? No?
The only time I tried a straight file copy, it failed. I leave it to Calibre now.