Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #406
jhowell
Addict
jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kinde PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyEvie View Post
i don't know what is the problem I am having, but the discover books by keyword is not working. I am using freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com as the Library I am looking through.
Oops, I broke discovery of books by keyword in the last release of the plugin. I will release a fix in the next day or two.

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I don't use that function very often.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:33 AM   #407
LilyEvie
LilyEvie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for such a quick response. I do tend to use the discover books by keyword quite often. Also, I saw on one of your earlier posts that I should l have put the log in a "spoiler tag". If you could tell me how to do this, it would be helpful.

Also one other thing, although I think it is Calibre itself that is giving me this problem:

Signing in to HOOPLADIGITAL.COM: Retrying www.hoopladigital.com on exception URLError ([SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)).

The info I have found so far refers to python 2.7.9 which is what Calibre has moved to.
Luckily it only affects Hoopla. As always, I am grateful for all the hard work you put into this program.
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #408
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
See above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 1.27.0 - 05 Feb 2015

Allow SSL certificate verification to be disabled within the plugin by setting the plugin tweak overdrive_link_disable_ssl_verification = True . Doing this will eliminate the SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED error which can occur with version 2.16 or newer of calibre. It is recommended the the underlying cause of the certificate problem be corrected as soon as possible since it may indicate a security problem with the user's system.
The spoiler tags look like this:
[SPOILER][/SPOILER]
You can find it on the advanced editing toolbar as well -- the picture of the crossed-out eye.

(Courtesy of the [NOPARSE][/NOPARSE] tags. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #409
jhowell
Addict
jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.jhowell knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Version 1.28.0 - 22 Feb 2015

Support Kindle Unlimited at amazon.ca. Set the library-id to ca-unlimited for Kindle Unlimited or ca-store for all purchasable Kindle e-books at amazon.ca.

Fix continuous retries preventing job completion when a non-e-book result is mistakenly returned by an Amazon search.

Handle major change to OneClickdigital website. Books there are now referenced using ISBN instead of an arbitrary number, so links created by previous versions of the plugin will no longer function properly. Outdated links can be removed using the Check and repair book links menu choice.

Fix discovery of books by keyword, broken in the previous version of the plugin.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #410
jhowell
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
See above:

The spoiler tags look like this:
[SPOILER][/SPOILER]
You can find it on the advanced editing toolbar as well -- the picture of the crossed-out eye.

(Courtesy of the [NOPARSE][/NOPARSE] tags. )
Thanks for responding to the questions. Also, I learned something new with NOPARSE!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #411
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Full list of supported BBCode --very instructional!

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

You're welcome.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #412
LilyEvie
LilyEvie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for fixing the discovery of books by keyword. I can now find even more books.

Spoiler:
Trying the spoiler feature

LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #413
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP doesn't litterTom SKP doesn't litter

Device: PRS-350 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Open Library Help/Advice

I list Open Library 'inlibrary' in my book searches.
When I get a 'hit' it sometimes is for a borrowable ebook, but many times the ebook is available only for Daisy users, for which I am not qualified.
Thus OverdriveLink suggests I can acquire the book, when in fact I cannot.
Can Overdrive Link discriminate between regular free ebooks and those ONLY for Daisy???
An example of Daisy only is:
Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny

Thanks
Tom
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:04 PM   #414
jhowell
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
I list Open Library 'inlibrary' in my book searches.
When I get a 'hit' it sometimes is for a borrowable ebook, but many times the ebook is available only for Daisy users, for which I am not qualified.
Thus OverdriveLink suggests I can acquire the book, when in fact I cannot.
Can Overdrive Link discriminate between regular free ebooks and those ONLY for Daisy???
An example of Daisy only is:
Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny

Thanks
Tom
That is strange. It should only find borrowable books. I just did an inlibrary search for that book and the plugin created a link to this page, which for me lists 10 editions of the book, the first two of which can be borrowed.

If that is not happening for you the perhaps you could post a log of the search and/or show the contents of the web page at Open Library that is linked for that book.

ETA: A fraction of the books at Open Library that can be borrowed show only a choice to read in your browser instead of downloading a PDF or EPUB. If that is what you are referring to then I can answer that I haven't found a reasonable way for the plugin to detect those books during search.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amber2.png
Views:	14
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	136244  

Last edited by jhowell; 03-21-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 03-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #415
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
That is strange. It should only find borrowable books. I just did an inlibrary search for that book and the plugin created a link to this page, which for me lists 10 editions of the book, the first two of which can be borrowed...
Checking your link and thumb nail, I also see the first two can be borrowed... but, I see the Daisy padlock symbol, that the explanation when you click on the padlock, says:
"...There are two types of DAISYs on Open Library: open and protected. Open DAISYs can be read by anyone in the world on many different devices. Protected DAISYs (like this one) can only be opened using a key issued by the Library of Congress NLS program."

That's my problem and question...
Tom
Old 03-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #416
jhowell
Addict

Quote:
Checking your link and thumb nail, I also see the first two can be borrowed... but, I see the Daisy padlock symbol, that the explanation when you click on the padlock, says:
"...There are two types of DAISYs on Open Library: open and protected. Open DAISYs can be read by anyone in the world on many different devices. Protected DAISYs (like this one) can only be opened using a key issued by the Library of Congress NLS program."

That's my problem and question...
Tom
Books found in the inlibrary collection at Open Library will be Protected DAISY. You can search the read collection instead to find books that can be read without restriction. This will include Open DAISY for most books. (This is a much smaller collection of public domain works.)

ETA:
For the formats of interest to most people (such as EPUB and PDF) you need to borrow books from inlibrary to obtain copies with Adobe DRM. You can also download non-DRM copies from the much smaller read collection. I don't know why you would be interested in DAISY format at all if you do not have a disability. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	What Dreams May Come by Gertrude Atherton.png
Views:	11
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	136247  

Last edited by jhowell; 03-21-2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Add
Old 03-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #417
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Books found in the inlibrary collection at Open Library will be Protected DAISY. You can search the read collection instead to find books that can be read without restriction. This will include Open DAISY for most books. (This is a much smaller collection of public domain works.)
Hummmm. So maybe my Open Library configuration is the problem...
I have 3 Open Lib setups in my Overdrive Link set-up:
Name Provider Library ID
'Open Library Read' Open Library read
'Open Library Library' Open Library lending library
'Open Library-In Lib Open Library inlibrary

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	136248

The only hits I ever get is with 'inblibrary', and most, but not all are protected Daisy. Never get any hits under OL read or OL lending library.

Am I configuring incorrectly? & you are suggesting that 'inlibrary' are the protected Daisy. So I should drop that one...??? And change others???
Old 03-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #418
jhowell
Addict

Quote:
The only hits I ever get is with 'inlibrary', and most, but not all are protected Daisy. Never get any hits under OL read or OL lending library.

Am I configuring incorrectly? & you are suggesting that 'inlibrary' are the protected Daisy. So I should drop that one...??? And change others???
Let me try again.

When you search inlibrary you will find books that you can borrow. In the screen shot attached to this post you need to look under the BORROW column and click on either Join the waiting list? (for the first edition listed) or eBook (under the second edition) in order to borrow that copy of the book. That will let you read in your browser or download DRM protected PDF or EPUB.

Most books in the inlibrary collection are also available in Protected DAISY format, but that is irrelevant to you unless you have a specific disability.

The read and lendinglibrary collections have mainly public domain books from the early 20th century and before. It is expected that those searches find nothing unless you are searching for that sort of book.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	amber.png
Views:	15
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	136249  
Old 03-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #419
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Let me try again.

When you search inlibrary you will find books that you can borrow. In the screen shot attached to this post you need to look under the BORROW column....
Duhhhh, boy am I slow!!!!! Yea there are separate columns!
Thanks for your patience with an old geezer

Tom