Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
lynnh
lynnh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't get the firmware update to work

I bought an Aluratek Libre today. I charged it for a few hours until the battery indicator said full. I then tried to copy the firmware folder on to the SD card that came with it following the directions exactly. It wouldn't fully copy. Just keeps locking up my computer. So I put a different SD card in my SD reader on my computer and I formatted it in FAT and then copied the firmware folder and it worked fine. I put this card in my Libre and follow the directions and nothing happens. The device just turns on. No Aluratek screen, no update firmware screen. I have tried many, many times. First of all the reset button doesn't even seem to have a button in there. All I see is plastic. Should something happen when I push that? What am I doing wrong?
lynnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
lynnh
lynnh began at the beginning.

Device: none
I figured out the problem. One I wasn't getting the reset button pushed down and also I did need to put the firmware on a different SD card.
lynnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
I just got mine also about a week ago. I know what you mean about that reset button. I tried various things -PDA stylus, toothpick and finally untwisted paper clip. It doesn't give back a good touch response that you have pushed something in unlike the reset button on my PDA. But I placed the firmware folder into the SD card that came with it, and it updated the firmware just fine.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote