Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Newegg return policy? 5 days and had battery issues today.

I had some trouble today getting a couple of books on the sd card, but finally figured out that Stanza worked better for me. While I was doing this, the jbl kept shutting off (have in the original batteries that came with it). It continued to shut off while I was trying to load the books and I had to keep turning it back on. After I got the books loaded I had to turn it back on and went to the book that my hubby was reading. Once I got to the page it continued to keep shutting off. Couldn't turn a page without it shutting off. I turn it on and it immediately turned off again. Turned it on a couple more times with the same results. I decided to try to change the batteries. Put 4 new alkaline batteries in and turned it on. Nothing. Took the batteries out and put them back in. Still nothing. As a last resort, I put the original batteries back in and it finally came on. It went through the Jetbook Lite page, picture page, then finally loaded the menu page. It took a few minutes to do this. I went back to the book he was reading and it was right where he left off. Now it seems to be working fine but I am seriously considering returning it to Newegg for a refund. Anyone know their return policy? I need to make up my mind quickly because I know they have to have it "in their hands" within the 30 days. Just wondered what their policy is on refunds. Do they charge a restocking fee? (It needs to be repaired, not restocked) I know I have to send it back at my own expense but with the frustrations that I had today it might be worth it.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
clerky96
Connoisseur

Okay, I looked up Newegg return policy. For a refund there is a 15% restocking fee, plus your cost to return the item. That means that of the $129 that I paid, I would receive $110 refund. That, plus $10 to ship it back would mean that I lost $31 for 5 days of use. Not one of my smarter moments. Wish I had read all the problems people have had with the jbl before I ordered it. Think I would have spent a little more and got a different reader for hubby. Guess I have to learn everything the hard way!
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Is it worth giving up already?

Though for all of the reports of JBL problems, it makes me glad I have a normal JB.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I use Sony AA 2500mAh rechargable batteries with jetBook-Lite and it works about 20 hours with one charge. I use Transcend 8GB SDHC card to upload new books on it and I never used USB cable and connection to PC to upload books. I usually read 2-3 hours per day and have jetBook-lite for 3 months already - never had problems with it. I use it more often than my regular jetBook now.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
clerky96
Connoisseur

Quote:
I never used USB cable
That is what I had planned to do, but after downloading the first book onto the sd card, the next time I put it into the computer it wouldn't recognize it. I don't have an sd cardreader, but my laptop has one built in. Maybe a cardreader would have recognized it and I could have downloaded the books without connecting the reader to the usb port. This was the only way it would work yesterday.
My jbl seems to be working okay now, so I think hubby wants to keep it and see what happens. I know that I have spent more than $130 in my lifetime that I have nothing to show for so guess we'll take the chance. When I reinstalled the batteries it basically reset itself (went through all the screens that it originally did when I first installed the batteries). After that it has been working fine. I guess if it does it again I will try removing the batteries and let it reset itself again. I love the small size of the jbl (even though I am not the one reading it). Much handier to take somewhere than my Kindle1.

Last edited by clerky96; 02-09-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Let us know here

I am sure that you will be happy with your JBL.

If you ever decide that you do not want to hang on to it, all you would have to do is post your desire to part with it and someone here will be very quick to make you an offer.

I have several now that I have torn apart and I am working on.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote