Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
lee_lckwd
lee_lckwd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
kindle 2 and calibre

Hi! I have tons of books on my kindle 2 and have been looking forward to organizing them, especially the series, in Calibre. When I click on a title, it says double click to edit. However, when I do that, nothing happens. At first I thought it was because it was kindle content, but I've since heard of other kindle owners being able to edit their content in Calibre. I've been through the tutorials and FAQ page...it must be something simple, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help, please? I've noticed that the edit metafile icon is grayed out, so while I can see my books, maybe they aren't loaded? I sure would appreciate any help!
Lee
lee_lckwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to resend the files to the kindle to change their metadata, you cannot edit metadata directly on the kindle itself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert