Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #31
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Something I forgot to mention: the standard rating column and user-defined rating columns can be searched using relational operators. For example, rating:>=3 finds all books with a rating of 3 or larger. Saying rating:3 is the same as saying rating:=3. Don't use quotes with these searches.

Sometime in the near future, user-defined columns of type int and float will also be searchable using relational operators.

Finally, as it is easy to forget the search label for custom columns, the tooltip for a column (on the column heading) will give it to you.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #32
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Finally, as it is easy to forget the search label for custom columns, the tooltip for a column (on the column heading) will give it to you.
That works on the original columns, too, which is very helpful. Thanks!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
awesome! you are god thanks. downloading now.

Custom Columns! Virtual libraries! yay!

EDIT:
fingers crossed for user customizable icons for virtual libraries x-x
sorry dont mean to be superfluous. it is just that i like gloss
The space in the bar is reserved, for various other purposes. Two of which are, actual multiple libraries, and sources of books for download. However, if you really want pretty icons for the restriction, then one way to accomplish that is to simply have the library icon replaced by an icon for the restriction that is currently active.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released 0.6.91 with a fix for the bug previously reported as well as support for formatting custom date columns and relational operators when searching numerical columns
Old 05-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There weren't any changes to the viewer in 0.6.90. Movable toolbars were present in the 0.6.x series already.
I knew they were movable.
When I move the bars in 6.51, they stay narrow when either Horizontal or Vertical.
in 6.90 the get very wide when vertical.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #36
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Are you sure? I just tried moving the top bar to the right in 0.6.52 and it was wide (as it has to be to accommodate the widgets in the top bar).
Old 05-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are you sure? I just tried moving the top bar to the right in 0.6.52 and it was wide (as it has to be to accommodate the widgets in the top bar).
Got it.
It was the search bar,
Somehow I got it to dock with the button bar. instead of the main viewer.

It is back to normal now.

Might be a minor bug that allows 1 bar to dock with something other than the main window.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You mean the search bar from the main calibre GUI? That's pretty amazing if it happened.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #39
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
You mean the search bar from the main calibre GUI? That's pretty amazing if it happened.
There is a search bar (go to) in the Viewer, also has the current page number x/yyy
That bar
Old 05-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #40
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Preferences button bug

V0.6.90
1. Opened Preferences
2. Added custom fields (all text)
3. Rearranged fields
4. Restarted Calibre

All working well

5. Opened Preferences
6. Added one Boolean field, one date field and one integer field
7. Unticked builtin fields Publisher and Tags
8. Restarted Calibre
9. Tried to open Preferences
10. Git an ERROR: KeyError:u'publisher'

Details:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'publisher'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 2225, in do_config
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\config\__init__.py", line 373, in __init__
KeyError: u'publisher'

Updating to 0.6.91.
Edit01: Problem fixed by doing this update.

Last edited by solitaire; 05-08-2010 at 02:38 AM.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #41
solitaire
Connoisseur

Date type custom field

I am unable to enter a free form date in this column. The only way I can do this is thru the date picker.

In the date picker the year defaults to 101.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #42
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
I am unable to enter a free form date in this column. The only way I can do this is thru the date picker.
For reasons that I cannot determine, one must have a valid date in the box before it can be edited. Clearing the 'unknown' isn't enough.
Quote:
In the date picker the year defaults to 101.
This was intentional. The minimum date acceptable is 1 Jan 101, and that is what the column was set to when first edited.

I have changed the editor used when double-clicking on a user-defined date field to provide 'today' as the initial date. The date can be edited directly or with the calendar widget. I have not changed the editors used in the edit-metadata dialogs, because doing would prevent leaving the date undefined.

Editing dates directly remains strange. I haven't been able to make it work consistently and intuitively. At least the calendar widget works.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #43
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I like the idea of a Today date option.

Calibre can't tell me when I have changed/added formats, so I currently update the Date (of books record creation) to the current date.
This makes the Catalog show as recent and rises to the top when sorted descending, allowing me to select the "recent" adds and revisions.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #44
solitaire
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I have changed the editor used when double-clicking on a user-defined date field to provide 'today' as the initial date. The date can be edited directly or with the calendar widget. I have not changed the editors used in the edit-metadata dialogs, because doing would prevent leaving the date undefined.

Editing dates directly remains strange. I haven't been able to make it work consistently and intuitively. At least the calendar widget works.
Thanks Chaley. I presume that these changes will reflect in the next version of the beta. Meanwhile, I will continue trying to break V0.6.91, but I don't think I will make much headway . I have rarely seen a better designed and coded piece of software (beta or RTM).
Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #45
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Is there a way to set a user defined column to Year only? If so I'd be happy to help with beta testing.

I am now using Published column for original publication year but really don't like having to put in a month as well.
A 'tweak' has been added to control the format of the original Publication Date column in the GUI, so you can change it to show the year only. See this post for details.