Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
jrlonline
jrlonline began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Trying to re-register a second hand reader

Hi everyone.

New to ebooks, and new to this forum.

I got my sony reader PRS500 second hand through ebay about ten days ago, and got it up and running. It is fab.

I'm in the UK, so I got a friend to send me some vouchers and I bought some books from the sony store. But it wouldn't let me add them to my device as the book was registered to another user.

I called Sony in the US and they did a hard reset, and that didn't seem to work, so they gave me a number to call that doesn't work from the UK.

Anyone else had this problem? Maybe the person I bought it from could go onto the website somewhere and changed his email to mine, or added mine or something?

Any help much appreciated......

Last edited by jrlonline; 06-28-2008 at 02:06 PM.
jrlonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you mean the Reader is registered to another account? You said "the book", which doesn't make a lot of sense.

The easiest thing to do would be for the previous owner to remove the Reader from his account. You should then be able to register it to yours.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
jrlonline

Thanks Harry,

sorry, yes I do mean the reader, not the book.

Thanks. I will ask him to remove himself from the sony store.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo H20, Nook Glowlight 3
It is a little bit more complicated. The seller will need to give you a working username/password for his account so that you can remove the reader from the account. This is because the device needs to be connected to the account at the time it is removed. Then you can switch to your account and add the device.

I suppose that this is all part of making the DRM work.

Fiacha
Fiacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
jrlonline

great - thanks for the tip.
Advert