Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Question KPW: weird behavior when charging

Hi!

My Kindle Paperwhite arrived Monday through the hands of a friend that went to USA for work.

With my Kindle Touch I don't have any problems, but I realized that when the PW is charging (through a wall charger), it presents a weird behavior. For example, the "Home" becomes unresponsive...

Anybody experienced the same?
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Sort of. Last night I put my PW on to charge and was reading. When I went to change the page a window opened with font sizes and it would pick a different sized font seemingly at random. I tapped for the menu and changed the font size. I tapped to back up one page and got a new font. size. I swiped to change page and got a new font size. I did a hard reset and the problem persisted.

Then today I plugged in my PW to see if it would do it again and, it didn't.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I've seen similar reports on various devices with touchscreens such as Nooks, Android phones, etc. Some have attributed it to ground (earth) problems. In some cases, trying a different cable, adapter or outlet resolved the issue.

https://www.google.com/search?name=f...creens+charger
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Sort of. Last night I put my PW on to charge and was reading. When I went to change the page a window opened with font sizes and it would pick a different sized font seemingly at random. I tapped for the menu and changed the font size. I tapped to back up one page and got a new font. size. I swiped to change page and got a new font size. I did a hard reset and the problem persisted.(...)
That's exactly what I meant by "weird behavior" :-)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
zamana
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
I've seen similar reports on various devices with touchscreens such as Nooks, Android phones, etc. Some have attributed it to ground (earth) problems. In some cases, trying a different cable, adapter or outlet resolved the issue.

https://www.google.com/search?name=f...creens+charger
Yes. My Android phone has the same problems. Most probably is some interference of the chinese wall charger
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's issues like this which is why I always recommend getting a charger that's certified. In the US, it would be UL Listed. These cheap Chinese chargers are untrustworthy. They could actually damage your device.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
behavior, charging, kindle, paperwhite, weird