Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
JEMelby
Save the Stone Tablet
JEMelby began at the beginning.

Device: Coleco ADAM (With high-speed digital tape drive!)
Book Designer: Make LRF Option is AWOL

I've really been digging into the Book Designer 5.0 program. I have had great success making basic conversions, but in my effort to experience the full range of the programs capabilities, I fear I have dorked something up.

I am using Book Designer 5.0 (alfa) on a Vista machine. In a previous post, I indicated trouble with getting graphics to translate to LRF. I recently got a pecilular error message while exiting BD stating that Book Designer need some element that was unavailable. I chose to let Vista try and fix it. I was advised that I needed an update from Microsoft (DHMTL something or the other). I installed the update, but BD seems to have reverted to the 4.0 version (no LRF option, and no menu bar).

I attemted to re-copy the files from the update, but no matter how I try, it always comes up as an other-than-5.0-version of BD!

JSWolf, I know your out there! Help me!
JEMelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Uninstall it, then re-run the BD 4 installer (the ".msi") file. Then, on top of that, unzip the BD 5 update, overwriting the files of the same name. Should then work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I go to make LIT files, it doesn't work unless I have Use MS Word to make e lit-file checked in the settings. And I have installed the LIT plugin for MS Word. I got it someplace on MS's website. That seems to be working fine.

But, is anyone else able to make lit files without going through Word?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No - I get an error message telling me to check the "Make Lit file using MS Word" box. I check that, and then when I click the "Make LIT" button the book loads as HTML in Word, but nothing else happens. Guess I need the word "Add In".
Old 07-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just installed the add-in. Even though it's not specified as working under Word 2007, it seems to work OK.
Advert
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
JEMelby
Save the Stone Tablet
JEMelby began at the beginning.

Device: Coleco ADAM (With high-speed digital tape drive!)
I un-installed and reinstalled everything... Now, no matter what I try to open, I get a "can not be converted" error.. I am really sliding downhill here.

JSWolf - Those other issue you are looking into are somewhat moot, now. I can't even get to the point where a file is open in BD.
JEMelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMelby View Post
I un-installed and reinstalled everything... Now, no matter what I try to open, I get a "can not be converted" error.. I am really sliding downhill here.

JSWolf - Those other issue you are looking into are somewhat moot, now. I can't even get to the point where a file is open in BD.
I've sorted your problem. And in the process found another problem and have fixed it. Go to the thread in Reader Content for the Sony and find the sticky that has version 1.3 of the Book Cleaner files and use them. With the German language, the graphics will load fine. Plus, you'll keep your emdashes. And if you are not using the latest version of BD, then you'll need to replace Clit12a.exe with CLIT.exe keeping the same filename as BD has so it can pickup the file.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote