kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Amen!
It usually is a 300x300, big bordered, thumbnail
But it's better than nothing. And it's not mandatory to use it.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #362
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
While your waiting try using the following four metadata download plugins.

Amazon
Goodreads
Fantastic Fiction
Barnes and Noble

They will usually give you a fair selection of covers to use during metadata download.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #363
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
While your waiting try using the following four metadata download plugins.

Amazon
Goodreads
Fantastic Fiction
Barnes and Noble

They will usually give you a fair selection of covers to use during metadata download.
I have done. But I still have over 3000 books without cover. I look for books with titles in Spanish, and the result is not as good as being in English.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #364
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
Better then nothing? Actually, I'd stick with the generic cover instead.

An image that small and that aspect ratio incorrect will look awful. Sometimes it takes a while to find the best possible cover I can using Google images and even then I sometimes have to make do instead of getting a cover image I like.

This plugin is a really bad idea unless you can give it a URL and it will go fetch the image and put it in as the cover. Then I'd agree it can be useful. But otherwise, bah!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #365
mlochmann
mlochmann began at the beginning.

Device: android smartphone
leo.org dictionary

Hi, I'm Markus and new here. I love to read English books on the PC. As I'm German though, I have to look up words, esp. on older texts, in a dictionary all the time. LEO.ORG is a very good one, it's free and has an API. So, just wondering if, in the reader app, it would be possible to add a right mouse klick feature - "look up in dictionary", in settings add a "dictionary URL" field and on marking a word and right klicking it open up a new window with the dictionary in it? Or you could add the dictionaries to the dict.org field? Shouldn't be that difficult. I do code, mainly web stuff, but haven't got a clue how to get started here. Greets from Stuttgart, Germany. PS. LEO.ORG can do Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Russian -> German too.
mlochmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #366
Michelleh312
Member Retired
Michelleh312 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Export list

Hi everyone,

I have this feeling this should already be possible, but I can't find anything.

I'd like to have a way to make a very simple list of all the books that are in my library, plus have the option to add specific metadata. Just a list, like in Excel or something:

book1 title author pages tags
book2 title author pages tags

Is there already a way to do this? I couldn't find it under 'sharing' or 'save to disk'.

Thanks for your help!
Michelle
Michelleh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #367
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelleh312 View Post
I'd like to have a way to make a very simple list of all the books that are in my library, plus have the option to add specific metadata. Just a list, like in Excel
Use the create catalog feature, dropdown arrow next to the Conversion icon. You can output your complete book list in many formats, csv (excel), epub, mobi etc..
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #368
Michelleh312
Member Retired
Michelleh312 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Use the create catalog feature, dropdown arrow next to the Conversion icon. You can output your complete book list in many formats, csv (excel), epub, mobi etc..
Ah, thanks! I knew this was too simple not to exist ;-)
Michelleh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #369
Dwally
Dwally began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Is it possible to create a plugin for Calibre that identifies if metadata has been downloaded?

Last edited by Dwally; 07-11-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Dwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #370
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwally View Post
Is it possible to create a plugin for Calibre that identifies if metadata has been downloaded?
The search bar is perfect for this.

comments:false
ratings:false
author:unknown

The above are all examples of searches to find books with missing metadata. You can use the Walk Search History plugin to help navigate through various searches you may have tried.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #371
bauerhjb
Connoisseur
bauerhjb began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, netbook, LG & Nextus tablets - Window 10, 8.1, 7,
Just wondering about the possibility of offering the ranking as integers OR stars. The star display takes a fair amount of column space while a single number would take less. (I'm trying to keep the view to just screen width, so no need for scrolling.) Also maybe allow ratings to expand it to show 0 (lowest) to 9 (top) ranked instead of 1-5 stars? I know I probably could make a custom column to show this. Thanks in advance for considering this.
bauerhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #372
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Save Conversion Settings

I posted a "request" in the Conversion thread Save Conversion Settings, at the time I was thinking it would have to be implemented in Calibre core.

But The Ducks has made a suggestion that makes me wonder if my request could be implemented as a plug-in, if it were implemented via Borrow and Apply as per The Ducks suggestion - see post #4 and my response in #6.

Thanks BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #373
barefaced
Nameless Being

Pinterest

OK, have tried searching but can see this as a suggestion. I'd like something in Calibre that allowed me to pin a book from my library to Pinterest. Anyone?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #374
Kudalufi
Kudalufi began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I am considering an OPDS client plugin for Calibre. You could have one Calibre connect to another - either to have a central large repositiory that is shared out, or for one user to share a library with another. You could also add book sites that support OPDS without petitioning to have them included in the "Get Books" menu.

I'm wondering if there is a demand for this besides myself?
Kudalufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #375
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Plugin: GUI to manage tags, merge & consolidate

Hi,

I am trying -- yet again -- to consolidate my zillion tags. I really wish there was a graphical way to do this, a graphical tag manager.

Just like Lightroom assigns keywords to pictures: First assign a tag (target tag) to a spray-can. The cursor turns into a spray-can and from now on every tag that you click on, is renamed into the target tag (shift or alt-click takes the action back).

One could just pick up a tag from a small list of desired tags, mark other tags that should be merged, this is a very fast process. Existing tags can end up in multiple target tags.

I guess it is important that this "merge" is not committed before all is done, thus one would have to collect all mappings first and keep that intermediate state even between sessions and commit when the user is ready to map.

This would be great for all of us who dream of having a consolidated, cleaned-up, rather brief tag-list.

Thanxx for reading this, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development