Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #316
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you see the book front and centre, the focus is already on that book.
Right click your mouse n that cover, What more could you possibly need
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. What I mean is that you can click on the book in focus only, plus you can move one book left/right. However, you are not able to click & open books that are further behind (where you see just a little part of cover only). Even though you know that's the book you want you still have to switch one book after another instead of skipping the other books (that are closer) and moving straight away to the one you need.

It is not really such a big deal but it kinda takes away some of this real-book experience

Last edited by Joanna; 04-21-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #317
bauerhjb
Connoisseur
bauerhjb began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, netbook, LG & Nextus tablets - Window 10, 8.1, 7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. What I mean is that you can click on the book in focus only, plus you can move one book left/right. However, you are not able to click & open books that are further behind (where you see just a little part of cover only). Even though you know that's the book you want you still have to switch one book after another instead of skipping the other books (that are closer) and moving straight away to the one you need.

It is not really such a big deal but it kinda takes away some of this real-book experience
I just want to throw my two cents in here. I too would wish we have shelves in Calibre. I really like the way GoodReads and Kindle display books on shelves for browsing so that one could scroll through just the pictures fairly rapidly. I am a "visual" type and remember covers better than titles most of the time. I've even thought about creating my own thumbnail gallery but once I started, yikes...too much work to relabel every thumbnail copy from every folder. Just one person's opinion.
bauerhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #318
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
PLUGH
XYZZY
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #319
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerhjb View Post
I just want to throw my two cents in here. I too would wish we have shelves in Calibre. I really like the way GoodReads and Kindle display books on shelves for browsing so that one could scroll through just the pictures fairly rapidly. I am a "visual" type and remember covers better than titles most of the time. I've even thought about creating my own thumbnail gallery but once I started, yikes...too much work to relabel every thumbnail copy from every folder. Just one person's opinion.
For me, I do use the cover browser view. And even if I can't remember which book I am looking for, I can sort by date and usually that helps as I roughly remember when I added it. But as long as you know the author, you can easily see the book in the cover flow and find it that way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #320
thetourist
thetourist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question On Download From Device Execute Command / Batch File

I do apologise if this has been covered before. I did do some searching on this section of the forum and to no avail.

My setup, Kindle 3 and Windows 7

My idea for a plugin is that on downloading from your device, that it would be possible to execute a batch file (or command line application) on the copy of the file you just downloaded.

I'm think with reference to this http://code.google.com/p/kindle-annotations/wiki/Usage

I'm a bit sad to see the annotations I do on my kindle don't copy over. However using the above applicaiton I have been able to produce a pdf with the annotations included.
While running the command manually isn't impossible it would be great if the above idea could be implemented.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #321
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Adding metadata "jackets" and adding series #s to Book Title

Hi Oh Wonderful Developers

I am currently totally renovating my library, which is pretty darned big, so it's turning into a Magnum Opus for the Chronically Anally Retentive.

Firstly, my Kobo touch doesn't read metadata so I've been adding those to the front of my books as a jacket, hoping that re-converting epub to epub to do so is not doing any damage in the process. It would be GREAT if the insertion could be done without a conversion. Is that at all possible??

Secondly, because there's no means of identifying a book other than by Title/Author, I've been manually cutting and pasting series numbers into my book titles because it's the only way I can think of to see at a glance which order to read books in. It's a very tedious process as, due to aforementioned CAR syndrome, I have a LOT of series.

End result: Fried Potatoes at Dawn becomes Fried Potatoes at Dawn: Inspector A Midget [1]

A plugin in to automate this process would be WONDERFUL, and, I image, not that difficult to create?? Ideally, it could reside on the Fix> sub-thingie, below Swap Author.

Hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea!
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #322
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
Firstly, my Kobo touch doesn't read metadata so I've been adding those to the front of my books as a jacket, hoping that re-converting epub to epub to do so is not doing any damage in the process. It would be GREAT if the insertion could be done without a conversion. Is that at all possible??
Yes it is possible using the Modify ePub plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
Secondly, because there's no means of identifying a book other than by Title/Author, I've been manually cutting and pasting series numbers into my book titles because it's the only way I can think of to see at a glance which order to read books in.
It is not the best idea to to modify your title this way in the title field. The best way is to use metadata plugboards to insert the series info into the title field on the fly as you send the books to your device.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #323
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Yes it is possible using the Modify ePub plugin.

It is not the best idea to to modify your title this way in the title field. The best way is to use metadata plugboards to insert the series info into the title field on the fly as you send the books to your device.

Good Luck.
Thanks heaps. I figured out the modify epub metadata jacket thing (duh!) immediately after posting (always the way) but thanks for the info re plugboards - had no idea there was such a thing, and that sounds like an ideal solution. I will give it a try.

Now preparing to get my grizzly brain around another learning curve.

Hoods
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #324
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
A plugin to add books you select to your Shelfari account.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #325
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have updated the Index in the first post of this thread to reflect the more recent additions, had been a few months since I last did that.

To all those whose ideas did not get specifically commented on - none have been forgotten about. Chances are they just haven't found a match of the same itch to scratch of someone with the time/development skills... yet at least.

It is an interesting quick snapshot to glimpse the usages people have (or would like to have from calibre)...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #326
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
I would love for one of these to do some of the same things that the Goodreads plugin does.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #327
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
That Shelfari site looks amazing.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #328
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I would love for one of these to do some of the same things that the Goodreads plugin does.
Me too. I have used Goodreads, LibraryThing and Shelfari, and while they all have their benefits, I'm mostly using Shelfari now. You can directly import any Amazon-purchased books on the site, but not having to manually enter non-Amazon books would be awesome.

(Oh hey my 600th post! WooHoo!)
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #329
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Unfortunately Shelfari has no API so because of that and it has very limited integration with anything else which is a big thumbs down - and Amazon now owning it kills any innovation in that area. People have complained about it for years and that hasn't changed. A plugin would have to do it with web scraping, which is slow and fragile, prone to breaking every time they tweak their website.

Not impossible, but not much fun to write/maintain either.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #330
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kiwidude made a comment "find room on the toolbar for another icon" in the QC PI thread.

How about a toolbar Folder PI for allow Multiple User PI Icons to occupy a single Menu slot (also could work like the Send to device Icon, where you set a default PI to use for a normal click and show the PI (icon) menu for a Right-click)
Attached Images

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development