Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #241
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by khonshu View Post
Second idea: An ISBN grabber... most of my ebooks' metadata is missing... half of them were authored by someone called User and the other half are titled Document1... sure you know what I'm talking about... I can retrieve all the metadata I need with Calibre but it is incredibly faster when I got the ISBN. Would it be too difficult to make a pluging to read the ebook searching for the ISBN?
Try the extract ISBN plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #242
khonshu
khonshu began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Thank you... I didn't search enough... sorry...
khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #243
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thank you... I didn't search enough... sorry...
You're welcome.

For other existing plugins read the Index of plugins sticky post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #244
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Second idea: An ISBN grabber... most of my ebooks' metadata is missing... half of them were authored by someone called User and the other half are titled Document1... sure you know what I'm talking about... I can retrieve all the metadata I need with Calibre but it is incredibly faster when I got the ISBN. Would it be too difficult to make a pluging to read the ebook searching for the ISBN?
What is wrong with the "Extract ISBN" plugin?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #245
catariina
catariina began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I hope it's the right thread. I would love to see a metadata downloader plugin for Swedish books. Unfortunately I am a complete n00b.

Some good sources could be http://www.adlibris.com/se/default.aspx ; http://www.bokia.se/ ; https://www.elib.se/ .
catariina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #246
asalet_r
asalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic somethingasalet_r has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DX, Icarus Excel
I dont know of here is right place to make a request but can somebody please add idefix(dot)com/kitap or kitapyurdu(dot)com to calibre for metadata. This sites are like "amazon" and so we can download metadata for Turkish books. thank you much. God bless you!
asalet_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #247
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by catariina View Post
I hope it's the right thread. I would love to see a metadata downloader plugin for Swedish books. Unfortunately I am a complete n00b.

Some good sources could be http://www.adlibris.com/se/default.aspx ; http://www.bokia.se/ ; https://www.elib.se/ .
Hey i will give it a try. and let you know
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #248
catariina
catariina began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
Hey i will give it a try. and let you know
Thank you very much!
catariina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #249
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

comments/request for plugins

I think most people install their plugins within calibre ( in stead of downloading the zipfile and install it by file). They do not visit the forum.
For me, as a developer, it would easy/nice/make sence if they could comment the plugin or make a request, also within calibre ( the installed plugin page) . P.e . by a link to the forumthread of the plugin, or a message to the developer on its id om mobileread.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #250
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
I think most people install their plugins within calibre ( in stead of downloading the zipfile and install it by file). They do not visit the forum.
For me, as a developer, it would easy/nice/make sence if they could comment the plugin or make a request, also within calibre ( the installed plugin page) . P.e . by a link to the forumthread of the plugin, or a message to the developer on its id om mobileread.
Kiwidude manages the plugin sticky here (which is used by the Plugin Updater (and installer). Once it has been added to the list, it will automagically show in the list of available or newer update available.)
The user has no need to visit this forum except to learn MORE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #251
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Kiwidude manages the plugin sticky here (which is used by the Plugin Updater (and installer). Once it has been added to the list, it will automagically show in the list of available or newer update available.)
The user has no need to visit this forum except to learn MORE
That is exactly my point. Most users don't know the forum, and therefore maybe not aware of being able to response, to give comment or to make requests for features.
In that way I can make better updates if needed.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #252
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Pr.BarnArt - there is already a link to the forum thread for each and every plugin on the Plugin Updater dialog in Calibre. It is there as a hyperlink when you select a plugin, and also on the right-click context menu. I don't think I can do much more than that.

Only a very small portion of the userbase will ever be bothered to sign up to a forum to post a message, and that is unlikely to ever change, (unless one day we have some sort of global single sign on system that all forums adhere to - but that is heading way off topic for this thread). In the same way that only a tiny fraction (for me personally I estimate about 0.05%) of users make a donation. You just appreciate those who have made the effort even more and live with it
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #253
whitespirit
whitespirit began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook PB741
proposal for plugin

Hello

I was guided to here by lovejedd...

Is there a way to implement the conversion from CBR to CBZ in such way it can be done from within the program with immediate adjustment of the database information

The routine zipconv.bat is freeware (http://w-shadow.com/blog/2009/01/29/...so-etc-to-zip/) but unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I cannot write these kind of plugins.

the conversion of a few files from cbr to zip inside calibre does seem to block the program and I can't rename the ZIP to CBZ with automatic adjustment of the database information. If I use the program I first have to export, convert and reimport the files; with more then 10k files it's a lot of work....

Another option is the possibility to add format of books during the library check procedure - now I only can remove these files...

Anyone challenged ?
whitespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #254
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespirit View Post

The routine zipconv.bat is freeware (http://w-shadow.com/blog/2009/01/29/...so-etc-to-zip/) but unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I cannot write these kind of plugins.
I think you meant http://w-shadow.com/blog/2009/01/29/...so-etc-to-zip/
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #255
proxy318
proxy318 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770
Plugin idea: browser for Project Gutenberg, with a one click "Import into library" button when viewing a book.
proxy318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development