Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #301
caleb68864
caleb68864 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Read Html Books Online Through Server

Delete

Last edited by caleb68864; 04-02-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Moved To Calibre Development
caleb68864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #302
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman1453 View Post
If an ebook in the library is found in a format that is not supported by the requesting device connected to the server, auto convert it to a supported format and send to the device.
I believe calibre does this already, from the 4th paragraph of the User Manual
Quote:
If you want to read the book on your reader, connect it to the computer, wait till calibre detects it (10-20 seconds) and then click the “Send to device” button. Once the icon stops spinning again, disconnect your reader and read away! If you didn’t convert the book in the previous step, calibre will auto convert it to the format your reader device understands.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #303
TRManderson
TRManderson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Lightbulb Kindle Spoof for Amazon sync

With a quick glance, I'm not entirely sure if this is possible with the calibre plugin API.

My idea for a plugin is one that allows Calibre to synchronise with books bought for a Kindle on the Amazon store. The implementation could be done by spoofing the service and registering Calibre as Kindle for PC and then accessing online storage. This would also prevent the download of personal documents as they would most likely already be managed by Calibre.

This, in combination with pwr's Kindle proxy would allow Calibre to be a unified location for ebooks on the Kindle.
TRManderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #304
dasimser
dasimser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Reading List / Get Books crossover

Hi,

Let me start by thanking all the plugin developers for their great work -- they have added a great deal to my satisfaction with Calibre and my ability to streamline my various workflows.

In thinking about what workflow I could next streamline, I was thinking about how I use the Reading List plugin to maintain my wishlist. I, like many other ebook enthusiast I would imagine, have a fairly large backlog of unread ebooks as well as an almost equally long list of ebooks that I am interested in, but have not yet bought due to the fact that I have plenty to read on hand and that the introductory price for new ebooks is more than I am willing to pay. With this setup, once a week or so, I walk through my Wishlist and use the Get Books capability to check the current prices for all the books on my Wishlist, looking for any books that have dropped into my price comfort zone.

For me (and I hope others who have a similar workflow), it would be useful to have an addition to the Reading List plugin to be able to update a custom column with the lowest price (or potentially list of prices) returned by a Get Books search (using the configured stores in Get Books) for each book in the list.

Any thoughts?

Dave.
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #305
ntome
ntome began at the beginning.

Device: none
@kiwidude
can u give me some directions?
ntome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #306
lar3ry
Enthusiast
lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo WiFi and Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisakavern View Post
I would like a plug-in that deletes the source file from your calibre library after a conversion. I only use one format and have no need for the other formats to remain included in my Calibre library.
Thanks.
Just in case you haven't tried this, I'll tell you how I handle it.

Select all books.
Menu -> Remove Books
-> Remove files of a specific format from selected books..
or
-> Remove all formats from selected books, except...
lar3ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #307
chrisakavern
Keep on Nook'in
chrisakavern doesn't litterchrisakavern doesn't litter

Device: NOOK (Original) & NOOK Color (N2A)
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
Just in case you haven't tried this, I'll tell you how I handle it.

Select all books.
Menu -> Remove Books
-> Remove files of a specific format from selected books..
or
-> Remove all formats from selected books, except...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
That is what I do now, But if I know that I am not going to want the original format after the conversion if it could be removed after the conversion as part of the conversion process, then I would not need this extra step.
chrisakavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #308
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntome View Post
@kiwidude
can u give me some directions?
go east
climb tree
get egg

(the older nerds amongst us may understand the reference).

If you mean with regards to some comic book plugin you posted on here a while ago about, this isn't the right thread to ask dev questions on. If you have a specific question, ask it in the development forum and any of the developers could help you.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #309
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
go east
climb tree
get egg
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #310
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike
PLUGH
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #311
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Virtual shelves view

Being able to see my ebooks as books on virtual shelves is the very feature I miss in Calibre a lot. A virtual shelves view, available in quite many ebook managment programs (e.g. http://ebook-lib.com/, http://alfaebooks.com/products/alfae...nager/overview) would be a great additon in my opinion.

A simple view of multipile covers and titles (like on the first screenshot at the latter website) would be practical as well. I would love 3D models of books as well (although I guess is just too much of a hassle).

Just giving some ideas
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #312
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Being able to see my ebooks as books on virtual shelves is the very feature I miss in Calibre a lot.
This concept has been discussed and some day may be implemented, until then the cover browser is as close as exists in the current version. My current setup is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	85541  
Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #313
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Thanks for the answer; I've looked for threads about it and come up with nothing (I must have used wrong keywords).

Cover Browser is nice (I turn on it on from time to time) but not very usable, at least not for me, as I'm not able to get to the book I need just by clicking on its cover (i.e. Cover Browser adds a nice graphic touch but is not really an interface on its own).
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #314
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks for the answer; I've looked for threads about it and come up with nothing (I must have used wrong keywords).

Cover Browser is nice (I turn on it on from time to time) but not very usable, at least not for me, as I'm not able to get to the book I need just by clicking on its cover (i.e. Cover Browser adds a nice graphic touch but is not really an interface on its own).
If you see the book front and centre, the focus is already on that book.
Right click your mouse n that cover, What more could you possibly need
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #315
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Cover Browser is nice (I turn on it on from time to time) but not very usable, at least not for me, as I'm not able to get to the book I need just by clicking on its cover
By default clicking on its cover should open the book in calibre's viewer.

Quote:
Cover Browser adds a nice graphic touch but is not really an interface on its own.
I agree, but you can run it as a complete (albeit clunky) interface in full screen and use the arrow keys to zoom right and left and a simple right click can do everything you wish to include in the context menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coverbrowser.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	85542  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-21-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development