Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #31
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I bought the Kingston widrive & it's frickin awesome. I highly recommend.

I also just bought the maxwell air stash & look forward to trying that out. You can use your own sd cards with that so I bought 2 32gb cards, also comes with an 8gb card.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #32
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky1 View Post
After reading this thread, I picked up the 32gb model on Amazon for $89 new my question is, and this may be really dumb but, does it have to be dedicated to just one device? Could I store stuff from bot my Kindle Fire and 16gb iPad 1 on the same portable hard drive?
Yes you can use it on both & it can have simultaneous connections. I've used it with iPad & fire.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #33
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
It is not dedicated to one device. The App for accessing resides on the device and not the Wi-Drive itself. In fact, check out this thread where an iPad owner who owns a Wi-Drive was trying to get it to work with the Fire. You may want to PM him and ask him if he is able to use it on both.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=drive
That's me. Yes both devices have an ap int their respective app stores now. Works great.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #34
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I got the Wi drive but for the life of me I cannot get the Bridge to work. The instructions say that once it reboots you will be prompted to select a wireless network and should choose the wi drive. Mine does not prompt me to select a network. It just times out with "Web page not available". Can anyone give me a clue?
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
It's been a while since I did it, but two things come to mind. Did you have the WiDrive powered on and had you installed the apk on your device?
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #36
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
It's been a while since I did it, but two things come to mind. Did you have the WiDrive powered on and had you installed the apk on your device?
Yes to both.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #37
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
I have no idea what the problem is then. Sorry.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #38
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
[QUOTE=andrys;1931499]A couple of days ago I wrote about a device that can act as an attached drive to the Kindle Fire, either 16 or 32 Gigs AND share the media on it between three people, smoothly, including their watching 3 different movies (or the same one) at the same time.

The 16 gig is only $48.05 at Amazon. That ain't bad.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #39
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
I have no idea what the problem is then. Sorry.
Thank you deannah, I appreciate the response!

Anyone else have any ideas for me?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #40
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I have a Seagate Goflex that I use with my iPad but I have not found an android app that works with my fire. The android apps that I see are in google play but are for phones and other tablets. They give a listing of the devices and the Fire isn't one of them.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #41
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The apps on Google Play might still work with the Fire, even if they don't say so, particularly the phone version. If you can get your hands on the apks, there is little risk in trying. Let us know.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #42
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Seagate has updated the firmware of the GoFlex Satellite and its app, so now it mimics the bridge mode of the Wi-Drive.

Woo-hoo! 500GBs and it works with both the Fire and the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and everything still has their wifi connections!
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #43
monkeyluis
Banned

This is a great thread. For any portable device user.

Just wanted to add that I also bought the airstash. With the airstash it's actually a wifi SD card reader. So rather than having fixed storage such as the widrive or go flex you can have many SD cards. Its a little pricey up front, it does come with an 8 gb card though. I bought a couple of 32gb cards. It works with the iPad just fine, there is an airstash app. For the kindle fire or other android devices there is a WebDAV lite app, according to the apps page on their site. I haven't tried it this way yet but I will this week & let you know how it works.

Take care, enjoy your content.

Here it is on amazon. $141 with the 8gb card. Would be nice if it was $100 without the card. But, it is what it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-AirStas.../dp/B006473T92

Last edited by monkeyluis; 03-23-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #44
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
GoFlex on KFire, plus Play only mp4 formats on a Kindle Fire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I have a Seagate Goflex that I use with my iPad but I have not found an android app that works with my fire. The android apps that I see are in google play but are for phones and other tablets. They give a listing of the devices and the Fire isn't one of them.
The makers of the app have said on forums that the app should work with the Kindle Fire. And I saw reports last year that it did for some Kindle Fire owners. They had an update that made it work considerably better at one point late last year.

See this blog article to see how someone has it working:
http://mommyandmegiveaways.com/?p=2433

As for needing to convert movie files to mp4, that's not true anymore, though that's the only format that's "supported" on the Kindle Fire.

An app like BSPlayer (downloadable from Amazon) will play almost any movie format on my Kindle Fires, including the various video formats from my cameras and cell phones (with no audio probs as happens with other videoplayer apps).

But if you need to make them smaller, converting them will give you options for that.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #45
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
The BSPlayer app works great now I can view those movies that came on the Seagate. Thanks!!!! Tho it does freeze & buffer a lot. O well I just make sure my personal movies are mp 4 as required by Fire HD.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote