Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
aglick
Enthusiast
aglick began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Entourage Edge Battery

Hey you guys. My Edge stopped turning on after I was walking to class in the rain one day unless I have it plugged into the wall. So I am assuming that if I buy a new battery it will work again. The only issue is I can't find a battery replacement. Doesn't anyone know where I can find a battery for my Edge?
aglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Full size eDGe EE or pocket eDGe PE?

The EE has a replaceable battery obtainable from http://entourageedge.eu/#9 under accessories ( €99.98 inc VAT)

The PE has an internal battery and until someone gives me the physical size and good pictures of the connections I can't begin to get my parts guy looking for a replacement.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
aglick
Enthusiast

it's a full size eDGe. won't that cost a bunch to get it shipped to California?
Old 12-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You could keep an eye on ebay for an older EE sold for parts -- if you're lucky!

Might be worth the cost to California. I think we don't pay VAT (??) and the shipping might not be tooooo awful. Better than being eDGeless!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
aglick
Enthusiast

Haha. That's very true. I couldn't imagine going through my next semester of college without my eDGe.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since you are in the US you may find the shipping is very close to the 19% VAT.

The other thing you should do is pull the battery and check the contacts are clean - both on the battery itself and in the EE battery compartment. We had a very expensive electronic meter that got wet - don't ask - and stopped working. When we opened it, the battery contacts were corroded. Once we cleaned and polished them working was back to normal so this is something you should try first.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I bet was coffee or fizzy drinks dropped on your meter!
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru

No comment
Old 01-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
aglick
Enthusiast

i dropped my eDGe off at a technical support company who said they fix entourage products. they had very good reviews so i'm going to trust them to fix it. if the problem is polishing the battery then i'll let the pros handle it because quite honestly i'm very technically challenged. they said they also have extra batteries in stock so i hope that if they do have to replace the battery then it'll be cheaper than $200 US.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #10
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglick View Post
i dropped my eDGe off at a technical support company who said they fix entourage products.
What company would that be?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #11
aglick
Enthusiast

San Diego PC Help
They ran a diagnostic test and said that it is a battery issue and they ordered me a new one for $170. At least now I know that it is for sure a battery issue and they saved me $30.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #12
aglick
Enthusiast

here is their website:
http://www.sandiegopchelp.com/
Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You got it back and waorking? Awesome!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglick View Post
here is their website:
http://www.sandiegopchelp.com/
Humm, interesting. I assume they gave you your old battery back.

I said interesting because of this from their Entourage repair information web page
Quote:
Entourage tablet repairs usually consists of the solutions of all types of system faults including startup problems, freezes and crashes, hard disk drive failures and networking problems. In the case of hard disc drive failures there is a chance to lose all data present in the hard disk. But there is no need to worry, as we have a separate data recovery wing to recover all your data from the damaged hard disk drive.
emphasis mine because the EE does not have a hard disk!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
baggage1
baggage1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Yoou know those crazy califorigners: ssd-hdd * same-same ;-i
baggage1 is offline   Reply With Quote