Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
kainne
Connoisseur
kainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: PRS-700
I read & enjoyed the first book. I have not yet read Harrison or Briggs.
kainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 AM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
Oh, I see, sorry. I'm looking forward to the next Edge book too, and hoping it's as good as the first. (My favorite line: "Go brush your teeth, comb your hair, put on dry clothes, and get the guns. We're going to Wal-Mart.")
Wonderful, yes And no problem, I don't express myself well in English (nor in Spanish, I'm afraid )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #18
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Wonderful, yes And no problem, I don't express myself well in English (nor in Spanish, I'm afraid )
Your English is fine, it was my misunderstanding (I had a headache yesterday; I know perfectly well I shouldn't post when that happens... )
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have the playlist all ready to go for the first Kitty book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #20
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have the playlist all ready to go for the first Kitty book.
I've noticed that quite a few fantasy authors lately are including playlists. Do you find that it increases your enjoyment of the book?
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
I've noticed that quite a few fantasy authors lately are including playlists. Do you find that it increases your enjoyment of the book?
I have no idea.. I've never listened to a play list while reading> But I'll let you know when I start this book later today.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #22
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I'm a little late to the thread, but I have read the first 6 Kitty Norville books and have the 7th on my Kindle to be read. I enjoy them. They are def. a bit lighter than some of the other urban fantasy/paranormal stuff, but I enjoy them. I haven't ready Kim Harrison, so can't compare but I do find the Kitty Norville series enjoyable. I like Patricia Briggs also.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #23
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
May have to check out this series.. sounds right up my alley
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I finished Kitty and the Midnight Hour last noght and found it read fast but was a fun read. It's a different slant on the supernatural and it's not all full of too much gore or too much romance. So for people who want a fun read that's a little different, go for it.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #25
wayrad
Fanatic

Here's an amusing werewolf yarn - Gail Carriger's "Soulless". I actually bought it in paperback (saw it at Borders, bought on impulse), but it seems to be available in ebook form. It's set in an alternate Victorian England where the benign guidance of the vampire and werewolf elite assures that the sun never sets (or, as it were, never rises) on the Empire. Looks like a series is planned.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #26
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It's available in e-book, I can certify it, and I found it very funny. And yes, I think it's a series, the next one is "Changeless".
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote