Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
GeekyGirl
GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet 16 GB
New Nook Simple Touch & Calibre

I just got my new Nook and couldn't wait to get it home so that I could move the book that I'm currently reading (on old Nook) onto it. But calibre doesn't detect it. –I followed the steps listed on the post about this, but I don't have the same options listed under preferences so I couldn't do that part (OSX).

I also had a very slow connection when I tried to download the recent update, so I cancelled it and will retry later. Will the 0.8.4 version handle the Nook Simple Touch? If not, do you know when it will be supported?

I also tried just dragging the individual epub file from my calibre library into the documents folder, but that didn't work either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Last edited by GeekyGirl; 06-08-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Looking for a way to check for e-mail notification of replies to this post
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
0.8.4 supports the NOOK TSR
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
GeekyGirl
GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thanks for your instant reply. Can't wait to download it. Will be making another "donation" to you as well. Thanks for writing such a wonderful piece of software!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
GeekyGirl

I just downloaded the update and when I went into calibre, it recognized the device but I think it thinks it's my older nook–that's the picture icon that I see. But also, it thinks my book is already on the device, though the other books that are on the old nook are not listed, only the one that I'm currently reading. BUT, the book isn't actually on the new STR.

There is one change that I made within calibre since I updated and tried to put the book on the Nook STR–I changed my default from B&N Nook to Generic because I want to be able to load books onto my Android phone or iPad, and the instructions said to do that. Did I somehow confuse the software?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
GeekyGirl

P.S. I exited from calibre and tried it again. This time, it didn't think the current book was on the device so I added it. When I tried to access it on the STR, I got the following message: "This Nook cannot read this file. It may be an unsupported format."

Is this because I changed it to "Generic" rather than Barnes & Noble Nook?
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGirl View Post
P.S. I exited from calibre and tried it again. This time, it didn't think the current book was on the device so I added it. When I tried to access it on the STR, I got the following message: "This Nook cannot read this file. It may be an unsupported format."

Is this because I changed it to "Generic" rather than Barnes & Noble Nook?
You sent a format that the Nook can't handle.
Many e-readers only handle a few formats. (and the ones that handle many, don't always do them all well )

When you save to disk (the disk is on your device), you bypass the is, valid format checks.
Send to device should suggest a conversion if the reqired format is not available.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I have a problem I do not see addressed here, and wonder if the same thing is happening to anyone else. Calibre sees my Nook Touch and I can transfer books OK, but it has Main memory and the memory card reversed. When I send books to Card A, it actually puts them in the Main Memory. I want all my sideloaded books on the card, which is what it did with my old Nook. I know I can pull the memory card and load the books directly onto that, but that's sort of a pain since Calibre should place the books on the card when asked to...is there any way to force it to place the books where I want them? Thanks!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #8
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
So sorry, I didn't realize I had not installed the 0.8.5 update yet, I thought I had. I just did and hooray! It not only fixed the jpg issue but also my books are all now on the memory card. Thanks for the update!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook, simple touch