Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Avedoir
Avedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Authors similar to Karen Rose?

Just as the title says. I'm looking for ( good) romantic suspense novels.
Karen Rose is my favorite author from this genre. Any recommendations for a starving bookworm?
Avedoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
Alex Kava's Maggie O'Dell series is pretty good.
Some of Karen Robards' books such as Ghost Moon, Hunter's Moon and Walking After Midnight (she also has plain romance books that are not romantic suspense so be aware).
Some Nora Roberts (Sanctuary, Northern Lights, Black Hills, River's End, Caroline Moon - again not all her books are romantic suspense).
Hope this helps.
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi Avedoir,

Good choices by hedwig. I would recommend a few of my favourite authors.
Lisa Gardner.......Live to tell, and Alone.
Tami Hoag..........A thin dark line, and Cry wolf.
Sandra Brown......Hello darkness, and Smash cut.
Linda Howard.......Kiss me while I sleep, and Dying to please.
I would also recommend you check out the In Death series by J.D. Robb, and also Kat Martin.

Happy reading.
Mag.

Last edited by Maggie May; 02-17-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
Avedoir
Avedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-booksAvedoir has learned how to read e-books

Thank you both for the suggestions.
Maggy May - I could've sworn I've read a PM from you last night ( late, late at night), but now it's nowhere to be found. Anyway, you're welcome and yes, I'm definitely going to read some of them.
I really enjoyed Lisa Gardner's "Hide" but "Alone" was kind of a yawn for me. "Guilty as Sin" by Tami Hoag was a one night read ( or shall I say "Literary one night stand ) for me. Definitely gonna check out the rest - are they connected? Where should I start?
Also, I tried reading Brown's "Crush", but I got bored pretty soon. "Where There is Evil" was her best work, IMO.
Linda Howard- I'll check them out.

Hedwig - Thank ou so much for your reply. I used to love Kava up until "Stroke of Madness", it all went downhill there ( if you pardon the pun )
Actually, I picked up Roberts' "Tribute" a few nights ago, so far so good.

Yes, I know, I'm hard to please when it comes to books...
Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Avedoir,
As far as I can recollect the books I recommended are stand alone reads.
J.D. Robb's In death series goes on and on. Number 27 at the moment. (I think).

Good luck in your search.

Mag.
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You can try Cinthia Eden's "Deadly" series (the third one appears on next week).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You can try Cinthia Eden's "Deadly" series (the third one appears on next week).
I just finished the first book in the series "Deadly Fear" and can highly recommend it.
If you like Sandra Brown, I can also recommend "Mirror Image" and "The Witness" both favorites of mine.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Avedoir

Oh my, so many books, so little time. Thanks again ladies
I've tried http://www.literature-map.com/ this morning and got Heather Graham. Anyone read her books?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer

Yes Avedoir definitely take a look at her books. She writes good paranormal genre as well.

Mag.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #10
Avedoir

Not in the mood for paranormal right now. I'd take my coffee with a large homicidal maniac, double the tension and raw emotion
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer

Whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #12
hedwig
Book Worm

I have only read one Heather Graham "Ghost Shadow" and I must say that I was disappointed. The plot was OK but I didn't think much of the writing. She has a tendency to repeat the same words and phrases just in case you missed the clue the first time.
I might give her another try sometime.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #13
Avedoir

Then I'd probably end up leaving the book after a few pages/ chapters. Repetition is among my biggest book pet-peeves. The biggest being first-person narrative
I started "Silent Killer" by Beverly Barton last night, not sure how that will go...
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #14
hedwig
Book Worm

I have "Silent Killer" on my TBR. Let me know what you think.
I agree, first person perspective is a complete no-no for me. No matter how good others say it is I can't read it. I just can't identify with the main character that way.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #15
Avedoir

You nailed it. I keep identifying the protagonist with the author and thinking things like "uh-huh, so Patricia Cornwell has a thing for fat, balding guys with mustard stains on their shirts"
So, anti-climatic

I'll definitely let you know. Have you read anything else by her? I read " Close enough to kill" about a year ago. It was Ok.