Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Why does Kobo stop processing KoboRoot.tgz?

Hi

For some reason my Kobo Glo is not processing KoboRoot.tgzs anymore. I just did a factory reset and has the latest 3.1 firmware. I am wondering if there is a way to force it to process them. It kind of sucks that I keep trying over and over without any success ;(
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
File named correctly?

Placed in correct directory?

cASe DOES matter
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Is your device fully charged? In recent FW versions, the battery level is checked before processing update files.

Last edited by tshering; 01-03-2014 at 07:38 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #4
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Is your device fully charged? In recent FW versions, the battery level is checked before processing update files.

Hey thanks I think that was it. It makes sense that it checks for it. Who wants corrupt binaries nowadays.
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by exachillus View Post
Hey thanks I think that was it. It makes sense that it checks for it. Who wants corrupt binaries nowadays.
I am not sure whether this was really the cause. With FW 3.0.1 [and I guess also with later FWs ] nickel reboots if it finds KoboRoot.tgz in .kobo (at least this is what I have observed on my Touch). Therefore, if KoboRoot.tgz is not processed because of low energy, and therefore not removed from .kobo before nickel is started, this should result in a reboot loop until the battery is empty. Maybe nickel does not reboot in this situation, if one connects the device to a PC via USB (I did not try).
Did you observe anything like that? Or did your Glo only refuse to process the KoboRoot.tgz, and behaved normally otherwise.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote