Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #181
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeepr44 View Post
I updated my kindle keyboard with WiFi and 3G from 3.3 to 3.4 and now it doesn't work with 3G, has no voice and keeps locking up. Now what can I do? Anyone have any idea? Is there anyway to go back to 3.3 which worked flawlessly?
Have you tried restarting the Kindle by holding the power button to the right for 30+ seconds until it reboots (boy under the tree screen image)?
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #182
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Spanish Dictionary fail

Previously to V3.4 I had to working dictionaries: miniRAE-2246_r2.mobi (14MB) and Larousse.mobi (9MB) both work on K3w and K DX. I try those dictionaries on Kindle Touch SO V5.1.2 but they do not work, and also with the update to V3.4 my K3w also fail.
My first try was with the miniRAE-2246_r2 and I found the language flag was “English” while the book were “Spanish”, but Larousse is “Spanish” and also do not work. However if I highlight a word press space bar and call dictionary, Kindle find the word and the proper meaning in the selected primary dictionary.

Perhaps K3w will need something like jbpatch that allow TTS engine work regardless the book and dictionary languages?

I put on Calbire forum:

Dictionary / Calibre fail to change Language metadata
Last week I found Kindle Touch SO take care of the languages dictionary metadata flag, and today I update my K3w to V3.4, and found it is doing the same.
Some time ago I download a Spanish dictionary (miniRAE-2246_r2.mobi 14MB) and it use to work fine (on K3w and K DX), but with the V3.4 update It no longer does, I discover that the dictionary languages metadata is on English while the book is in Spanish, the trouble is that Calibre fail to rebuild the MOBI file in order to change the metadata, calibre said the file is to long.
What can I do?

Kovid Goyal 1053711@bugs.launchpad.net

If you wish to change metadata ina file, simply change the metadata in
calibre and resend the file to your device. Or use the mobi2mobi command
line tool. If youwant to conver the dictionary, then you will need to
run calibre ona 64 bit linux or OS X machine, as it cannot convert
large documents on windows.

status invalid

** Changed in: calibre

The solution of resend to the device did not work
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #183
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesar View Post
Previously to V3.4 I had to working dictionaries: miniRAE-2246_r2.mobi (14MB) and Larousse.mobi (9MB) both work on K3w and K DX. I try those dictionaries on Kindle Touch SO V5.1.2 but they do not work, and also with the update to V3.4 my K3w also fail.
Dictionaries work just fine after the 3.4 update. If they no longer work, it's most likely because they had the wrong Input Language metadata.

BTW, Kovid is right, this issue cannot be fixed in Calibre, because Calibre can only change the document language metadatata, which Kindles don't use for lookup, unless you look up a word in the dictionary itself.

The Kindle uses the Input Language metadata to select a dictionary; you'll need to edit your dictionaries with the Java Mobipocket Metadata Editor. Make sure that your dictionaries have Spanish as the dictionary Input Language.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #184
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Spanish Dictionary fail

@Doitsu:

English dictionaries are OK:

Nuevo Diccionario Inglés-Español 2011 (Spanish Edition) is OK
Oxford-Dictionary-of-English is OK
The-New-Oxford-American-Dictionary is OK

Spanish Dictionaries none..

Larousse (with Metadata Language= "Spanish") NOT
miniRAE-2246_r2 (with Metadata Language= "English") NOT

MobiMetaEditorV0.16.jar Work the miracle; Calibre do not show (at least by default) the fields "Dictionary Input" and "Dictionary Output" they were in both spanish dictionaries in en (1033), I change to es (10) and Worked!!!!!!

Thanks @Doitsu:

Last edited by jmesar; 09-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #185
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
After taking off the pink skin I was using on my kindle keyboard, I now find that the font is too dark. I hope the font won't be this dark on the new paperwhite. Also although it now supports the new fonts, I fund that books are formatted better on the touch.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #186
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
After taking off the pink skin I was using on my kindle keyboard, I now find that the font is too dark. I hope the font won't be this dark on the new paperwhite. Also although it now supports the new fonts, I fund that books are formatted better on the touch.
If my K4B is any indication they will be darker. You can add a custom font on your K3 very easy if you prefer lighter fonts.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote