Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
drzenitram
drzenitram began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Search the Library?

Am I slow, or is there no way to search my library for a title? I've got about 1500 ebooks on my nook and it would take me forever to go from the top down to find each book I want to read....

Is there a search option? Or can I put books into folders by author?
drzenitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Yep, when you are in your library just hit the search button and type in what you are looking for. if you are looking through your Documents folder, I think you might have to root it to search. It would also help you to organize them by tags.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
For the My Documents folder, there is currently no way to search unless maybe if you root it. Very hopeful that they will change this soon via an update. Tons of folks on the BN discussion boards want it, so lets hope they are listening!

The lack of organization for my side-loaded content is pretty much the one thing I am not liking about nook. For the moment, I'm just not carrying a full library on my nook.

I am glad you can at least search the BN library. At the rate I'm accumulating free classics, that's going to be useful soon.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
drzenitram

Oh well. Yes, I do hope they add this feature soon. It can't possibly be that hard to copy code from the B&N Library section to the My Documents section.

Does anyone know for sure if there's a My Documents(Sideloaded) search option for rooted devices?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
ballast
Enthusiast
ballast is on a distinguished road

In a word, YES..... The rooted nook has the ability to search. It also allows you to specify a single author.
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
drzenitram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast View Post
In a word, YES..... The rooted nook has the ability to search. It also allows you to specify a single author.
well then... I'm gonna make sure my battery lasts as long as advertised and as long as there are no other defects I know exactly how I'll be voiding my warranty!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
As long as you put 1.4 back on it before you take it in, how would they know you rooted it? I hope that's the case, because I might as well not get the extra warranty if it's not.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
sarahsbloke
Connoisseur
sarahsbloke began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook, Kindle Keyboard
Just do the softroot, it's easy.
sarahsbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzenitram View Post
Oh well. Yes, I do hope they add this feature soon. It can't possibly be that hard to copy code from the B&N Library section to the My Documents section.
Oh, yes it can be very hard indeed, when the bean counters at Barnes & Noble want to make the experience for users attempting to read side loaded eBooks as unpleasant as possible.

It encourages users to only read official B&N eBooks. Which increases sales.
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote