Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
blacx
blacx began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook GEN3
Support for GEN3

Hello Everyone!
I was wondering will Bookeen continue to release new firmwares for GEN3 even when the new e-book reader Orizon arrives?
Does anyone have any information about it?

Thanks
blacx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Yes. I doubt wheter much will change, but some fixes are still awaited.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread blacx .... we can always hope. What in particular do you need fixing ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
blacx
blacx began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

Welcome to mobileread blacx .... we can always hope. What in particular do you need fixing ?
Thank you GeoffC and T_Frain_K, currently i don't have anything particular that needs fixing, but was just wondering of the future updates of the firmware.
blacx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I (mostly) always think, if it ain't broke and it works okay - then leave it ....

Shame I didn't follow my own practice and didn't upgrade to 1.6 ! - my Gen3 was working perfectly before-hand !!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
fendai
fendai began at the beginning.

New firmware is a mess

I tried the GEN 3 firmware update V2.1.

So what i got:
- new sleep mode drains battery very quickly
- "Crop margins" in PDFs is gone.

I contacted Bookeen support and got the usual phrases but no help.

So I want to go back to V2.0 but cannot find the file anymore. Bookeen support refuses sending it.

can anyone send me the V2.0 (Adobe DRM) version please

fendai(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thank you
fendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #7
GeoffC

fendai Welcome to mobileread ....
Old 08-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #8
fendai
fendai began at the beginning.

Hi GeoffC!

Thank you so much for your help!

Now "Crop Margin" is back again
fendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
I've also noticed that the new sleep mode drains the battery faster than before. Anyone know a way around this? (I use the mobi version of the new firmware.)

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #10
MarlaChristy
MarlaChristy began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
I've also noticed that the new sleep mode drains the battery faster than before. Anyone know a way around this? (I use the mobi version of the new firmware.)

--JanG.
Turn it off?
MarlaChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #11
Wapata
Enthusiast
Wapata began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
I've also noticed that the new sleep mode drains the battery faster than before.
I think that the "screen saver" is the cause. Too bad that we don't have the choice to leave a sleep mode without it !

I try to disable "auto extinction" and i'll say you if it's better.
Wapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #12
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
I think the 'off' icon also uses power. I've tried switching the Gen3 off completely and the battery still loses power more quickly than it did before the upgrade.

Before the upgrade I experimented with leaving the device on constantly and it went a full seven days before I needed to recharge.

Now, using either sleep mode or switched off completely, a battery charge lasts around five days. Also I think that it may not be registering the true amount of power left in the battery, as it often drops from 70% to zero between switching off and switching back on the following morning.

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
GeoffC

mmmm

I've not noticed any change ... I always turn off following a reading session (1-2 hours per evening) - it's been 2 weeks since my last re-charge and last night the indicator gave 80% ....
[mobi]
Old 09-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #14
CostaRica
CostaRica began at the beginning.

Device: None
Bookeen firmware downgrade to 2.0

Hi, GeoffC. - Would you, please, send me the 2.0 firmware? I haven't been able to get it, and the "crop margins" feature is the only way it makes sense to me to use my bookeen. If you are so kind, to epradav at yahoo dot com
CostaRica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Hi CostaRica! On since 2008 and this is the first post? Remarkable

However, have you got it? Just took a look, I still have it too, if required.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, gen3