Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What color is your Sony 505. If you do not own one which color do you like best.
Silver 69 47.92%
Blue 45 31.25%
Red 21 14.58%
I only wish to see the results 9 6.25%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #46
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
So it had an automatice biased.

OFF TOPIC ALERT!

Grace based on your signature, which do you think Chastity Bono is?
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #47
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Although I have a silver reader, I keep it in a pink tuff luv case, so I see far more pink that silver anyway!

I have to be honest and say I went for the one I could get cheapest, but I do like the silver, when I remember it's silver
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #48
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
So it had an automatice biased.

OFF TOPIC ALERT!

Grace based on your signature, which do you think Chastity Bono is?
Steer?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #49
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

have silver here, though according the way how human vision works, blue ought to give the illusion of improved contrast.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #50
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Im loving the blue one!
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #51
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
The results of this poll surprise me. I knew there were some deviants, but I could never have guessed there would be so many.

I think we should find out what makes people buy the wrong color reader, at first I thought they must be blind, but that doesn't match well with them buying a reader in the first place... It could be some sort of disease, does anyone know of any case where someone who has had other maladies after buying the wrong color has reacted with disgust after receiving antibiotics or antiviral medications? I searched the forums but I couldn't find any obvious recovered patients.

So my latest theory is that these people were not loved by their parents, which causes serious mental and emotional issues, deep inside they think they could never truly be accepted by society, so they lash out at society by buying and displaying their vulgar purchases whenever they can, and when society reacts by hating them (for all the right reasons) they simply take it as proof that they indeed cannot by accepted by their peers.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #52
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I think you are on to something.

Could your write a paper expounding your theory and publish it in either LRF or ePub format?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #53
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Ho Silver!

I have a silver because I am cheap -- it was on sale. It is also much better looking then the red or the blue.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #54
trektech
trektech began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nexus One, Nikon D700, Smartq V7
im loving the blue!!!! <===my first post..
trektech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #55
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to Mobile read trektech

Now go buy yourself a silver Sony
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #56
trektech
trektech began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nexus One, Nikon D700, Smartq V7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Welcome to Mobile read trektech

Now go buy yourself a silver Sony

thanks for the welcome.... blue blue blue.
trektech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #57
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Welcome trektech!

silver, silver, silver
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #58
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I have a silver one as that was the only color they had in the store the day I bought mine. I could NOT wait to order online. Now I wish I had either a blue or a red one--they are so pretty.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:59 AM   #59
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Well, it certainly looks like all those Red and Blue readers sunning themselves on the beach have been swamped by the Silver tsunami.
It would have been good to find out how many readers have the special editions that have been sold, The James Bond one, The James Patterson one and the Danielle Steele one but I guess they are just Silver editions in disguise
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #60
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
Oh my, I'm bad.
I just ordered myself a blue 505 from phphotovideo.com
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote