Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
"L" or "S" Icon next to battery indicator

Does anyone know what this is for? I've skimmed the operating manual, but didn't see what that little icon is used for.

I'm reading a book from the Connect store, and it shows an L with a circle around it. But when I open up the Sony manual, it changes to an S.

Is this something obvious to everyone else that I'm going to slap my forehead and say, "DOH!" when I find out?
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yes, you will probably slap your head over this one, but I like easy questions!

If I understand you right, the round letters are for Small, Medium, Large text size.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekchic
Does anyone know what this is for? I've skimmed the operating manual, but didn't see what that little icon is used for.

I'm reading a book from the Connect store, and it shows an L with a circle around it. But when I open up the Sony manual, it changes to an S.

Is this something obvious to everyone else that I'm going to slap my forehead and say, "DOH!" when I find out?

I believe the "S" and "L" are the sizes in which you're currently reading your material. So each file might start out a different size (guessing) you can adjust this by pushing the font button, and you should notice the lettering getting bigger, and also being identified as S for small, and M for medium, and L for large.

I hope this helps
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

The little icon denotes the size of the text (Small/Medium/Large). For PDF's, I believe S is fit visible and M is fit width.
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
DOH! Thanks *laugh*
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have to confess, though, that when I first got a Reader in my hands, I had the same question -- what's that little round "s"!!!?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
yup, me too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote