Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Synchronize reading between PRS-T1 and some android app?

Hello,

I recently purchased a PRS-T1 and i was wondering if it is possible to synchronize my reading position between the reader and my android cellphone. I started reading on my cellphone while on the subway, but, when i got back home, i had to manually search the page i was reading on my other device.

I think that for this i need the official sony reader app for android (already downloaded and installed) but i cannot login to my account from the app (still trying to solve this issue).

I just wanted to know if anyone has tried this method or can tell me another way to do this between the reader and another android device.

So far i'm having these two issues:
- I cannot logint to the sony store from my reader (i live in Chile, but i dont think this could be the reasson as i can properly login from my computer using the reader app).
- I cannot connect to the reader store from my PRS-T1. I get an error saying something like "there is a problem, please try again later".

Thanks in advance!
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
The Sony Reader apps on the Android market claim to be able to sync the reading position through your Reader Store account. I cannot test this claim because neither the apps nor the Reader Store are available in my country.

My solution has been to use root the Reader and install reader apps that do sync. I'm mostly using Kindle for Android (for Amazon content; has built-in sync) and the Aldiko reader (for all other content) in combination with Aldiko Sync, a small app that syncs Aldiko's content and reading positions using a Dropbox account.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
great info my friend. by the way, how does aldiko perform on the reader? i like the feel of the stock reader app (after rooting, where you get a clock and the battery percentage at the bottom.

i guess you also have to configure it so that the animations are completely disabled, right?
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:37 AM   #4
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Aldiko works fine on the Reader. However, it only works in full-screen mode and does not offer showing the time and battery level.

Yes, you can disable page-turn animations in the view settings, but I did not observe any issues even when I did not disable them.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I have never been able to get my T1 and android razr to sync the last page number. I use the Sony reader on my cell phone and I can log on the reader store from both devices, but they never sync. The problem seems to be the T1, since my reader for pc and razr sync the last page quite well. My T1 does not sync with my reader for pc either, unless I hook it up w/USB, and even then, it's not always good at update on last page read. I think the T1 needs an update to make it sync with my other devices. Anyone else have this problem with their T1?
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I agree with your assessment, peitsao. I have the same issue. The T1 does not sync with the other apps/software. It also cannot do auto wireless firmware updates or auto wireless delivery of newspaper subscriptions. The older 950 does do all of these things and has menu items related to them that the T1 is missing. I've always thought it disappointing that there has never been a firmware update to fix these features. I sure hope they are included on the T2 from the beginning!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
mrmls
Enthusiast
mrmls has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 950
According to Sony webpage synchronization between device and Android app is available only for PRS-950SC with firmware 2.0 (http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/)
mrmls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Sony reader android app seems to only sync up well between android devices. It syncs perfectly between my Samsung (android) phone and my Springboard (android) tablet. But that's about it.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, synchronize