Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
What is your idea of a GREAT BEACH READ?

As some of you know, I call my novels "great beach reads" because they're fun fiction in seaside settings - the kind of thing I like to read at the beach. For those who aren't familiar...

LEAVE ME GASPING is the first title in a series featuring female sleuth Del Jakes. A childhood friend is missing and Del travels home to coastal Florida. In a whirlwind of clues and revelations, the sleuth and her cohorts move from a grungy marina grill to a luxurious waterfront enclave; Sound side towns to Gulf side mangrove thickets; suspicion to trust; despair to hope—and grief to love.

ESCAPING CELIA is the story of Carly O'Shea, whose long-awaited solo vacation is derailed when her mother, aunt, and relentless cousin Celia invade her seaside cottage. Stir in a snarly runaway teen, a hot guitar player, a cool Southern boy, a gun-toting matron, and a wise boardwalk barista—and you’ve got the kind of summer stew that gives everybody heartburn!

But there must be almost as many kinds of beach reads as there are readers - so WHAT IS YOUR IDEA OF A GREAT BEACH READ?
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
J. Dean
Author: Clade Josso
J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
JAWS

J. Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dean View Post
JAWS

LOL!

To this day, I haven't read the book or seen the movie because I knew it would freak me out. Even though I've been face to face with a few sharks and didn't find it all that scary, I'll never see that movie!!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
JAWS....

...The reason I stay far far away from the beach. It's a bitch, especially living in SFL. But, the last time I went to the shore I found myself getting tackled by bait fish. Little did I realize that while I was knee deep in the water there were several schools of sharks swimming with me.

Yeah. Scary.

But the last time I was at the beach, I was reading "Without Warning" by John Birmingham. It was a sort of thriller. I don't like to think much when I'm supposed to be relaxing.

With that said, I hear the Jimmy Buffett stories make great beach reads
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
JAWS....

...The reason I stay far far away from the beach. It's a bitch, especially living in SFL. But, the last time I went to the shore I found myself getting tackled by bait fish. Little did I realize that while I was knee deep in the water there were several schools of sharks swimming with me.

Yeah. Scary.

But the last time I was at the beach, I was reading "Without Warning" by John Birmingham. It was a sort of thriller. I don't like to think much when I'm supposed to be relaxing.

With that said, I hear the Jimmy Buffett stories make great beach reads
Yikes - glad you didn't end up as bait!

I've heard that about the Buffett stories - maybe I'll download some samples.